EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
THE EVIL MASTERMINDS

The last island looked exactly like something from a dystopian movie. Luckily they were a group of teenagers stuck in a life or death game lead by a girl fighting against a higher authority, so they stood a chance. Maybe. 

Dull, grey skyscrapers loomed over them, large TV screens projecting Monokuma's face 24/7, never ending dark clouds obscuring the sky. By far the worst island. Just depressing to be on, she'd rather go back to the fun house.

Well.. perhaps not. But still, you get the point.

She met Chiaki and Hajime in the factory, where hundreds of Monokuma plushies were being produced by the minute. "Jesus, how many do you need?"

"..I guess Monokuma really loves himself." Chiaki says.

"Yeah, no.. there's too much supply for.. literally no demand. God, I hate supply and demand. Do you know how much time I'd spend everyday picking thorns off of all those damn roses!?" Y/n complains.

"Never getting Y/n roses for her birthday then." Hajime mutters under his breath, causing Chiaki to laugh.

They next all explore the military base next door, Sonia and Akane are both already there. There's a helicopter, army trucks and even an entire tank. "Oh yeah, I've seen plenty of American police dramas to know all about this stuff." Y/n nods. "Hondo! We're a code 4, all suspects down." She puts on her deepest voice and an American accent. Hajime and Chiaki just look at her strangely.

There's not much to see inside there, other than Y/n resisting the urge to climb inside the tank. Maybe Glenn will find her in there. Sorry. Enough with the references.

After exploring a little more, Y/n tells everybody to meet up at the food vendor street to discuss what they found, just as Chiaki and Y/n are about to leave, Y/n stops her. "Wait, I need to tell you something."

"Hm? Yeah?"

"Well.. I don't exactly wanna keep our relationship a secret from everyone forever, so I was thinking we could.. you know.. let them figure it out themselves."

"I don't understand. But I agree, I don't wanna have to hide and all."

"We can just act like a normal couple and casually do girlfriend and girlfriend things near them. They'll catch on soon enough. What do you think?"

Chiaki giggles. "Why is this kinda exciting?"

"Becauuuse I'm the greatest girlfriend of all time.?"

"..Maybe. Should we go?" Chiaki holds out her hand and Y/n takes it.

"Let's."

They walk hand in hand to the food vendor street, Y/n only slightly stressed about having clammy hands. Once they arrive they casually let go, but a couple of them silently took notice of it. Their cunning plan was working.

They didn't really bother to account Nagito in their discussion, since he was nowhere to be found. Y/n told herself she'd search for him if he hadn't shown up by tomorrow morning.

"So, what'd we all find?" Y/n starts the conversation, folding her arms. "Anything about the Future Foundation?"

"Not really.. like.. I feel like I learned stuff.. but I also feel like I learned nothing at all.." Kazuichi answers. "It's not like we know what information is reliable."