Chap 12

~24th March, 3 am ~

Beam woke up to the rustling sound around his apartment. He saw a silhouette get into his room. Beam assumed it to be Phana or Kit and decided to continue his sleep on the couch. Even though he is not as drunk as his best friends, he still needs his goodnight's sleep.

He told them to sleep in the guest room on the left, but the too-drunk Phana walked into his room, and Kit followed him blankly. Therefore, he settled on the couch for the night.

The following morning, Beam woke up to a high-pitched scream from his room. He quickly rushed to his room, only to see a dumbfounded Phana on the floor, an angry Forth on the bed with a still sleeping Kitty on the corner.

"Why the hell were you hugging me? Why are guys on my bed?" accused Forth as he hid behind the blanket while Phana was not sober yet to process the whole ordeal.

"Huh?! What?" he asked, confused.

His head hurts like it's going to split into two, and his butt hurts from the fall.

"Get out if you're going to keep shouting," complained Kit as he resumed his sleep.

"Come out and argue, guys. Kitty is still sleeping," said Beam as he looked at his stupid best friend and husband.

After the morning routine, Phana and Forth settled by the kitchen counter as Beam served them breakfast, nothing much, just a cup of milk with butter toast each. But the two other guys are still throwing glares at each other.

"I thought you won't come back this weekend," stated Phana as he gritted his teeth in the offence. He finally remembered that Forth hugged him first in sleep and dared to accuse him.

"I always come back. Why were you on our bed?" replied Forth grumpily.

"They both were too drunk to find the right room last night, and I didn't bother to correct them," Beam answered on behalf of Phana.

"Baby, where did you sleep then? I hugged him since he slept on your side of the bed," complained Forth with a pout.

"On the couch. You came back quite late last night. Why didn't you stay there and come back in the morning? I thought you were not coming this week too," commented Beam solemnly.

"Are you guys fighting or something?" asked Phana in doubt as he drank his milk and kept looking at both of them.

"YES! NO! " Beam and Forth answered simultaneously, confusing the still not sober Phana.

"Baby, we are not fighting," said Forth, whining, which Beam ignored.

"I'll explain everything to you. Please don't be mad,"' begged Forth pleadingly.

Beam was silent despite Forth's begging and pouty face.

Phana noticed how Beam was indifferent towards Forth, and Forth continued to plead and was reluctant to say or convince Beam with Phana's presence.

"You guys are loud....," complained Kit as he settled on one of the chairs and hugged Beam's arm.

It's one of Kit's signature behaviour which shows he is not back to his usual clearheaded self. Phana took that as a sign as he pulled Kit from Beam when he noticed Kit had already freshened up.

"I need my morning caffeine intake to sober up, and I'm bringing this fellow with me," he announced and dragged the confused Kit with him without waiting for any of their responses.

The studio apartment became quiet without Phana and Kit as both Beam and Forth were too silent for their own good.

Beam continued to do the house chores without acknowledging Forth's presence, even though he won't do the house chores alone. They both do it together. That was the rule in their household.