14. Chabashira's blackmail

Ez: "Alright everyone. Let's rewind a little. This is going to be interesting."

Hiratsuka: "What do you mean?"

Ez: "Hey, Ryuuen and Sakayanagi. You guys want to know why Class D won, right?"

Ryuuen: "Damn right."

Arisu: "I'm interested as well. I want to see how and why Ayanokouji-kun helped them?"

Iroha: "This is definitely gonna be interesting."

Ez: "Let's start.It would be in Chabashira's POV."

Oreki: "Huh?" He was confused.

Irisu: "Why Chabashira-sensei?"

Greek mythology deals abundantly with human frailty. Many of its tales involve hatred and jealousy. Have you ever heard of "The Wings of Icarus"? Allow me to summarize. Long ago, in ancient Greece, there lived a great inventor named Daedalus. Daedalus was ordered by King Minos to build a great labyrinth in which to imprison the monstrous Minotaur. However, King Minos soon abandoned Daedalus, confining the inventor to a tower alongside his son, Icarus.

Kaguya: "Why the greek mythology now?"

In order to escape their prison, Daedalus gathered together the feathers of many birds in order to fashion a large pair of wings. He connected the larger feathers with thread, and the smaller with wax.

Once the wings were completed and the time had come to fly to freedom, Daedalus gave Icarus a warning. He said, "If you fly too high, the sun will melt the wax holding the wings together. Be careful." With that warning in mind, Icarus leapt from the tower alongside his father. Together, they gained their freedom. But freedom can be a dangerous thing, and can make a person lose sight of himself. With such boundless freedom before him, Icarus started to get carried away. Perhaps it was inevitable after breaking free from such painful restraints."

Arisu: "I get it now. Fufufu."

Maruo: "I see."

Everyone except Arisu and Maruo didn't understand what Chabashira was speaking,

Oreki: 'How is this related to Ayanokouji? He implicated he didn't have freedom, right?'

Icarus, blissful, forgot his father's warning and flew higher and higher. The sun burned the false angel wings that his father had constructed, and in the blink of an eye, the wax melted. Eventually, the false wings were completely burned away. Icarus fell into the sea and died. Was Icarus a brave young man who jumped into the sky to gain his freedom? Or was he an arrogant fool who overestimated his abilities and believed that he could reach the sun? Perhaps no one save for his father, Daedalus, will ever know the answer to that.

Nino: "Ugh. This Greek mythology seems to be a pain in the ass. I don't understand a single thing you're saying."

Ishigami: "It's not greek mythology. You're just an idiot."

Nino: "Huh? What did you say, nerd?" She showed him the middle finger.

Ishigami: "You deaf as well, bitch ?" He showed her middle finger as well. But he seemed to be quite frightened by Nino's glare.

More than Nino, he was afraid of Kaguya: "Ishigami-kun, please stop this ridiculous act. And, Nino-san, you as well." Even Nino was afraid of Kaguya's glare.

Nino: "O-okay."

Ryuuen: "Kukuku, what's wrong, pinky?"

Nino: "S-shut up."

For some reason, I thought of Icarus' wings when standing before a certain young boy. Considering what these past few months had brought, I could say that I made the comparison simply because he resembled Icarus.