Chapter 10

Rachel's POV:

'You.', he replied as my eyes almost popped out of their sockets. 

Me? He was thinking about me?

'I can't believe I said that out loud.', he whispered, covering his face with his hand.

He looked embarrassed, his face tinged red. Whereas, I was caught off guard by it all, staring at him blankly. It felt like one of those moments too surreal for comprehension that I would wake up the next day not remembering a thing. Everything would be too hazy as if it was all just a dream.

Was it?

I contemplated pinching myself to check whether I was actually awake or if it was all a lucid dream.

Silence settled in between us. The only sounds to be heard were the air conditioner, blasting cold air, and my heart galloping like a racing horse. Was it fool's hope to have wished he couldn't hear it?

I then gathered the bits here and there of courage left within me to meet his light hazel orbs. They looked more intense than usual and I couldn't help but get lost in his eyes.

He didn't meet my gaze filled with wonder, but instead looked as if he was at the bottom of an ocean of thoughts. That was how deep in thought he looked, frowning and all. 

'Ugh. Whatever. I am done thinking.', he spouted out of nowhere, making me flinch.

What-

Before I could comprehend his words, he grabbed my hand, pulling my body closer to his.

Goosebumps ran down my body the moment our hands joined and my heart started beating in a violent chaos of a rhythm from our close proximity. I could feel his chest rise up and down against mine. He must have been just as nervous.

He lowered his head as we met eyes. He was looking at me with such gentle eyes that my legs got wobbly as if they were made out of jelly.

He then immediately held me in place, placing his hands on either side of my waist. 

I felt tingles wherever he touched me.

'Not so tough now, are you?', he said with an awfully contradicting smile.

That's when an overwhelming surge of adrenaline shot through me like a drug.

I had to prove him wrong. And that was how the game started.

I played first by placing my arms around his neck, pulling myself towards his ear.

'You can't win this game with me, Zack.', I whispered into his ear, feeling his body shiver against mine and his heart booming furiously and incessantly.

I won.

I smirked in victory as I stepped away, putting some distance between us.

He then held onto my arm, stopping me. 

'Don't tease me and then just walk away, Rachel.', he said, his voice husky.

I couldn't walk away. Not when he says it like that. 

His attractiveness was dripping like honey. There was no way I would be able to hold back against that, him.

My heart raced fast and hot in anticipation as I walked towards him, wrapping my arms around his waist, my lips landing onto his.

He didn't even flinch in surprise, but reciprocated the kiss instantly as if he was anticipating it as well.

Our lips moved against each other in sync as sparks flew. I must have been starved for his touch as I kissed him hungrily. 

I traced his spine with my fingers softly as he devoured my lips, showing his assertive, dominant side.

Soon enough, we pulled away for a breath of fresh air. 

'I like you, Rachel.', he said in barely a whisper when we broke apart.

A wide smile tugs onto my lips as I rested my forehead against his.

There was warmth in his eyes.

Instead of saying "I like you" back, I kissed him again.

I don't just like you, Zack.

Even I don't really understand, but I think I love you.

A couple of minutes had passed since our make out session. We were sitting on the bench, still at the hall, side by side with his arm around me and my head resting against his chest. I could hear his rapid heartbeat, making a smile appear onto my face.

I love how he makes me smile. 

It was all jolly until a thought hit me.

'Right! You say not to walk away and all that grand talk, when that's exactly what you did back at the club!', I ranted like a child, recalling what he said earlier about teasing him and walking away.

'I know. I know. Sorry.', he said, booming with laughter as I felt his chest vibrate along.

This was perfect.

--------End Of Chapter 10-------

Hey guys! Hope you liked this one! Are Rachel and Zack finally a couple? Find out next chapter! Thank you so much for reading and don't forget to vote and comment! Have a great day/night!