Bakht- Epilogue

*****

*****

Years were nothing but like the falling leaves in autumn. One by one, each went by, leaving behind its mark in the form of memories and pleasant surprises. Amongst those surprises, were the two sitting in the library, one was busy trying to solve the equation she was given while the other sat staring at her, having had enough of his studies and was now managing the Mir empire.

"Ayaan! Help karne ke wajaye ghur kyu rahe ho?"

Amal sulked as she hit him once with the bind book that held more than a few scribbles, wrong answers and a frustrated aura. Amal had been working on the given set of questions for the past one hour but had only been done with half of them and all was his fault!

His constant gaze on her made her feel a little conscious though that didn't stop the colour that rested permanently on her skin- a soft pink that made Ayaan sigh at how cute she looked.

"Kar toh raha hu help. See, my presence is enough to give you moral support."

Ayaan wiped the imaginary dust from his shoulders, clearly proud of what he had said and Amal flared in annoyance. The man had been anything but morally supporting. In fact, Amal could label him as the biggest distraction as of now.

"Acha, yeh crossword solve kar dena toh. Mama asked me to do it in free time lekin man nahi hai."

Amal glared heatedly at him, showing just how annoyed she was and Ayaan unapologetically handed her the handwritten crossword. With a huff, she closed her rough book and started working on the questions. A frown marred her features when each question turned weird after weird.

1. What do you call yourself in the first person's point of view?

2. What do fairytales highlight with passion?

3. What sounds like an alphabet, can be a word and happens to be written like an incomplete curve?

Amal mindlessly scribbled the answers. An amused look rested in her eyes at the thought of who would've made such simple questions and after completing the 'across' column, she went to the 'down' section.

4. What is the first name of the person who played the role of Ginny in Aladdin?

The fifth word coincided with the third and she skipped to the sixth one.

6. What can be told as both a name and a bond?

7. How will you give 'meme' a nickname?