FIFTY-FIVE (Ryder & Conrad)

Ryder hit the bark of a tree as he spat out blood, falling to the ground.

''Even with the power of an oracle and the leader of the vampires, you are weak,'' Typhon said.

''So weak that you can't entertain me as she did in the rosemoon pack although I was in a different body,'' Typhon chuckled at the mention of the rosemoon pack's incident with Carmen.

Ryder never thought this would be the difference between him and a banished god. Although banished, but still a god.

He had known that there were differences between the power of a god and their species but experiencing it was another matter.

Even when he stood and stared at Typhon for the first time, he could feel their differences.

Ryder clenched his fist on the ground and stood up with shaky legs staring at Typhon in hatred.

''You are not dancing anymore,'' Typhon tilted his head, asking with a frown.

''Well then, Goodbye.'' Typhon moved his hand in a choking gesture towards Ryder.

Ryder rose from the ground into the air making choking sounds as he stared at Typhon.

'So this is how I die,' He thought, losing consciousness.

A grey lycan with pants in its mouth suddenly appeared and kicked Typhon when he wasn't concentrating before catching the almost dead Ryder, leaving deeper into the forest.

The grey lycan dropped Ryder gently on the ground after checking that Typhon did not follow them and shifted into Conrad.

Conrad took the pant in his mouth and wore them as Ryder coughed aggressively.

''How did you find me?'' Ryder asked Conrad after calming down.

Conrad answered, ''His aura was overwhelming more in the forest, and I was near.''

''I see,'' Ryder said, struggling to stand up.

''Let's find a way to leave before he finds us,'' Ryder said, taking a deep breath and walking despite the pain he felt all over his body.

Conrad nodded, and they both walked in silence.

''Why aren't you healing?'' Conrad asked, breaking the silence as he noticed that Ryder, a vampire, was not healing as fast as he should be.

Ryder paused before continuing to walk and answered, ''I don't know, but it has something to do with Typhon,''

''Did he do magic?'' Conrad asked.

''No,'' Ryder answered as he tried to remember how he noticed that he was not healing.

'Yes, when a rogue bit my wrist,' He thought as he remembered.

''It might have something to do with the rogues and the creatures,'' Ryder mumbled.

Conrad heard but did not say anything since Ryder was not sure.

They walked out of the forest and into another direction in the vampire territory.

Ryder looked at the area and said ''This is the northern part.''

Conrad was about to speak when he felt them.

''I was wondering who had the gut to make a fool out of me, and I didn't expect we would meet Lycan king,'' A voice said, appearing out of thin air with rogues, vampires, and strays coming out of their hiding place.

Conrad and Ryder tensed as they stared at Typhon.

''It is nice to meet you, mate of my bride.'' Typhon smiled at Conrad.

''I did not expect we would meet like this,'' Typhon continued.

Typhon stared at them for a while before sighing.

''Now enough talking and more dancing,'' He gestured with fingers, and the creatures fought at the command of their master.

The battle started between Conrad, Ryder, and the creatures.

Ryder endured the pain in his body and fought many creatures. Conrad, not being injured, was not faring well either, as vampires were harder to deal with their feather-light footsteps.

''You have grown so well, Lycan king,'' Typhon, who had watched the battle like a show, unexpectedly said.

A vampire slashed the arm of Conrad as he lost concentration while listening to Typhon.

''Lycan king ?'' Typhon murmured.

''No, Let me call you by your name.'' He said as Conrad suffered another slash from another vampire thanks to Typhon again.

''I had given you the respect by calling your title when your position is like a servant in front of mine,'' Typhon smiled at them, especially Conrad, struggling with the vampires.

''Conrad?'' He murmured.

''That's more like it.'' Typhon nodded to himself.

''Where was I?'' Typhon asked himself.

''Oh! yes, You have grown so well, That I can't tell you were the same back then.'' He said.

''Let me make the battle more interesting with this story, Conrad, as you defeat my creatures before I destroy you all.''

''At least enjoy the taste of victory before it slips through your fingers.'' Typhon chuckled.

''My bride doesn't know why you hate her kind, does she?''

Conrad glanced at Typhon at the mention of his mate dodging an attack from a vampire.

''Looking at your reaction, she doesn't,'' Typhon answered his question.

The creatures were reducing as Conrad and Ryder could finally breathe without an attack coming for them after defeating one.

But Typhon brought back bad memories to Conrad.

''What do I remember that day?'' Typhon said.

''Oh yes, it seems your family was going on a trip thanks to you, a little boy who wants to see the outside world apart from the Lycan kingdom,'' He added.

Conrad froze at what Typhon said because he exactly said what he wanted at a younger age.

A snarl brought him back to reality as he looked at the rogue leaping up to attack him. He grabbed the rogue by the neck and ripped out the heart as Typhon said the sentences he dreaded that day.

''If It weren't for you, he wouldn't have died, son.''

''If you hadn't begged us to take you out from the kingdom, None of this would have happened.''

''It's your fault.''

''Son, It's your fault.''

Another Chapter guys.

Enjoy!