Chapter 5~ ♡

TW: Gore, one use of a bad word 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀

The two of you sat at a teahouse in Ritou. Heizou rested his elbow on the table and his chin on the back of his hand, simply staring at you.

"It's nice to meet you, sir!" You exclaimed.

"No need for formalities! Call me Heizou! After all, we'll be together for almost the whole of 2 months, so why not get friendly?"

"That's true!"

A few otherwise awkward seconds of silence were interrupted by an old woman, likely one of the owners of the teahouse.

"Hello! Are you two ready to be served?" Despite her short height, she seemed tall to the two of you, who were sitting on the floor.

"Y/n?" Heizou looked at you.

"Oh! Uh... yes, as long as you're ready." The detective smiled.

"Great! I'll return soon." The small woman disappeared behind the Shoji blinds [japanese rooms divider] leaving the two of you alone once again.

"So, y/n. What's your favorite kind of tea? Mine's gotta be Cardamom tea. The aroma just feels so delicate and rich." He stared at you, making the short moment of silence seem much longer.

"Hm... I'd have to think about that one. I actually like every kind of tea, I'm not picky! In my opinion, tea itself is quite amazing, however it's important to understand the different aromas and textures-" You paused. "Ah! I'm sorry, I talk a little too much."

"No, don't worry about it! I enjoy hearing you speak about your interests. Continue." The two of you talked for the next half hour about tea and other trivial matters.

After finishing 3 cups of tea, you finally decided to leave.

"So, where are we gonna be staying? Do we have tents?" You questioned as you two walked out of the teahouse.

"...Yeah, something like that. We have a tent since we'll be traveling a lot. Aside from that, we'll have to harvest our food from nature and buy from markets, but hey at least we won't starve!"

You didn't really hear what he said, except for 'a tent'.

A tent? One tent? Well I guess not everybody can afford two...

But that wouldn't make sense, since he's one of Inazuma's most notorious detectives. Whatever.

"O-okay. Haha." He smiled at you, which sorta gave you the chills for some reason.

Before you ventured outside of the small island, you bought some resources from the market and double-checked you got everything. Heizou had rented a boat and a sailor, so that was all settled.

When the two of you arrived at the docks again, there was a man with a small mustache and a chubby smile waiting for you.

"Are you two here for a ride?"

"Indeed we are! We're ready right now."

"Yashiori Island?"

"Yep, that's the one."

"Alright, just hop on."

You all got on the small craft and the man started sailing off to the rainy island.