CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR:
CATALOGUING THE
PASSAGE OF TIME

[Achelian 25th, 10th Year of the 7th Sildiran Emperor, 5:00MT]

   Ashen began to write in his diary yet again, however, this time he looked none too pleased.

ENTRY #2
OH MY GODS! SHEESH! NOTHING MUCH HAPPENED THESE DAYS THAT IT'S NOT EVEN WORTH MENTALLY VISITING! 2 months ago, I started homeschooling, and it was DULL! The subjects taught to me by my parents-appointed tutor were grammar, mathematics, some sciences, and history. Science and Mathematics were DULL! DULL, I TELL YOU! I COULD COMPARE IT TO ELEMENTARY GRADE BACK THEN! (understandable since I'm still physically 7 but they don't know I'm mentally 16 but STILL! I CAN BELLYACHE HERE IN MY DIARY! WHO'LL STOP ME! HAH!)

Thankfully, I was saved by something I like to call "combat training", in which I learned how to handle weapons, close-quarters combat, yadda yadda yadda. Yeah, the Emperor required the nobility to learn how to fight at a young age so some knights were in the Lightborn Manor training me. Had fun. I'm good with a spear, apparently. Makes sense, since, back then I liked to stay away from people if I could help it. I'm a Lancer now, how cool is that! :D

History was interesting too (aside from combat training, I looked forward to the history subject since, well, I could learn stuff in this world). I learned about this world's gods, their roles, the history of this world, the nations, the wars, etc etc, bleh bleh bleh. I wonder why they fused mythology and history, but, seems that, thanks to magic, they believe in gods. So, nice.

He drew a rather ugly thumbs up afterwards. Then, he cringed. "Urgh, ugly-ass-"

They tried making me learn music and arts, but I VEHEMENTLY refused. I always threw the lecture papers and ignored the tutor unless they chose a different topic. I did that because what I had to learn was how music instruments work and how to play them, how to sing, drawing and painting (there's a difference), and such. Had no sense using them, so why learn about it now? And I dislike those anyway. Except for the harp. I took harp lessons, and I liked it. Reminded me of guqins back in my own world. They admonished me, but I NEVER took other music classes except harps, and no arts, so, after a few weeks, my parents and tutor gave up. Heh.

History was nice. As I wrote earlier, the topics were gods, the world's history, the nations, and their wars. They first taught me the Eight Gods. Helios, Warrior God of the Sun, the Supreme God, and patron of Sildira. Aphrodite, Angel Goddess of Love, the Light Goddess. Asclepius, Eagle God of Health, the Medicine God, and patron of Qaxim. Gorgon, Snake Goddess of Sickness, the Disease Goddess. Ares, Lion God of War, the Freezing God, and the patron of Cascadia.

Eris, Spirit Goddess of Chaos, the Wisdom Goddess. Thanatos, Demon God of Death, the Shadow God. And finally, Achelois, Dragon Goddess of the Moon, the Magic Goddess. Though I can't help but feel like Achelois is a goddess that is important to me… huh. Anyways, I can't help but wonder how similar the name of the Months and some directions were to the gods of this world (dripping with sarcasm there).

Those were the only interesting things in these 5 months, and now that it's Achelian 25th, the final day of the 10th Year of the 7th Emperor, well, everyone took a day off to celebrate. They have no Christmas or New Year Celebration (obviously). Anyways. I'll be off now, gonna sleep so that I can continue my lessons tomorrow. That will be all and good night!~

[Achelian 25th, 11th Year of the 7th Sildiran Emperor, 7:00MT]

ENTRY #8
It's… quite late, but I didn't feel sleepy so here I am. I've written a few entries to fill this diary but so far, they're very dull. Its the final day of this year again, so everyone took a day off, even me. Well, guess I have to spread what I've learned so far.