34. Two Days Left.

Willow

It's the morning after the wedding, she wakes up curled into his side, her head resting on his shoulder and her leg draped across his lap. When she lifts her eyes to his face, he's still fast asleep. He's so beautiful he belongs in a painting. She settles back comfortably against his body, relishing in those early morning moments.

They ended up sending Ryder and Zoey off around 1AM. The step siblings stayed behind to make sure family got back to their rooms safely, that the caterers and villa staff didn't need any further help. They didn't get back to his suite until 2:30. By then, they were mentally and physically exhausted. But they still felt that hunger for each other that had stayed with them throughout the night. They showered the same way they had that same morning. And somewhere between drying off and brushing their teeth, they picked up where they had left off earlier in the coat closet. He carried her to the bed and he made love to her all over again and it was even more mind blowing than the first time. They didn't settle until sun rise.

Despite the late night, she finds herself feeling more alive than she has in years. Rejuvenated and re-energized. She's ready for whatever this day, this trip, this time brings as long as she has him at her side.

Eventually she decides to order breakfast for them. She slides out of the bed carefully not to wake him, replacing the space she once occupied with one of the extra pillows. She retrieves the silk nightgown and matching robe she had gotten out last night— which she didn't end up putting on anyways. She closes the bedroom door and uses the phone in the living room to order room service. When they answer, she gets them mimosas and coffee. She tries her best with selecting food for him, going off of memory and hoping nothing's changed. She goes with what's called "the works" omelette for him, along with some sausage links and fruit. She chooses the eggs Benedict and some fruit as well.

It doesn't take them long to bring it up and she double checks when she answers the door that she's closed her robe. They wheel in the cart and go over the entire order with her, lifting the silver lids to reveal delicious looking food. She thanks and tips them, leaving the do not disturb sign on the door before she closing it.

She brings a coffee for him and a mimosa for her back to the bedroom. It takes a minute for her to open the door and get in with the two drinks in her hand, also without waking him, but she manages it expertly. He's still sleeping, now on his side and cuddling the pillow, which she finds incredibly sweet.

She sets the coffee down on his nightstand and then sets the mimosa on hers. She crawls back into the bed under the sheets, pulling the pillow away to replace her own body with it.

"Good morning." He says in that sexy sleepy voice of his.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." She whispers, unsure why.

He shakes his head. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just got us breakfast." She answers, reaching up to push some of the hair out of his face. "How'd you sleep?"

"Amazing. What time is it?"

"10:30."

"How did you sleep?"

"Better than I expected," She chuckles under her breath. "We must've passed out around 5."

"I can't remember the last time I stayed up that late."

"I know," She moves so that she's at the same eye level as him, a small smirk on her lips. "We're old now. That used to be easy for us."