Bonus Chapter: Flashback.

(The past- Ryder's High school graduation party)

Willow

"Am I overthinking this?"

"I'm pretty sure that's your only mode of thinking," Zoey laughs from the bathroom as she finishes curling her hair. "But no, you're not, at least not with this. It's our last high school party. It's a big deal. We've gotta go out with a bang."

Will stands in front of her bed, hands on hips, contemplating which dress she'll wear to Ryder's tonight. After a day of shopping with her best friend, she's narrowed it down to two choices. On the right, a longer floral dress that has a slit up the thigh. Very classy and similar to the rest of her wardrobe. On the left, a purple mini dress with spaghetti straps. Very not Will, as she doesn't typically expose this much skin, especially in public.

They're currently at her house, getting ready. Meanwhile, Jace is already over at Ryder's, helping set up for the party. She hasn't seen him since this morning— which doesn't sound like a long time but it's probably the longest they've been away from each other since their parents got married. She misses him. She's antsy to get going. It's like she's experiencing separation anxiety.

Zoey appears behind her, glancing over her shoulder at the two dresses laid out on the bed. "Go with the purple. Jace will love it."

"What shoes would I wear with it?"

"Kitten heels or wedges." Zoey responds like it's obvious.

"I don't have either of those."

"Ask your mom?"

That's not going to happen. Will's relationship with her mother has only grown more distant as she struggles to balance the secret of her relationship with her step-brother. She doesn't like lying to Elena. It's just easier this way.

She settles on her classic high top converse. At least her feet will be comfy. She finishes getting ready; changing into the purple dress and keeping accessories to a minimum, only wearing Jace's necklace. She doubts anyone will notice it tonight. Her hair falls in long waves down her back and she lets Zoey use a plum eyeshadow on her to match the dress, which highlights her dark brown eyes.

"Isn't it crazy to think how we started the school year compared to how we're ending it?" Zoey wonders aloud

"Isn't it crazy to think how we started the school year compared to how we're ending it?" Zoey wonders aloud. "I mean, we were losers. And now we're dating two of the hottest Goldens in school."

It's quite a turn of events. Will has to laugh when she hears the term the two of them coined up to refer to the popular kids. She hasn't said it or thought of it in ages. Though she still has to pinch herself each day when she remembers she's dating the Jace Quinn.