𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 || 𝑫i𝒍e𝒎𝒎𝒂

Alia felt a whirlwind of emotions—scared, angry, and hurt. The overwhelming mix made her head ache, pushing her to desire leaving the house forever. The source of her pain lay in her mother's manipulation, making her despise her father for years. Her mother's obsession with wealth added to the anguish, as she sought a rich match for her daughter, regardless of Alia's feelings. The fear of being unable to love any man haunted her.

In her room, Alia removed her jewelry, her thoughts consumed by the recent events during Rimsha and Ali's nikkah. Faizan's words echoed in her mind, and she grew weary of their continuous replay.

As Rimsha and Ali exchanged Mashallah-worthy vows, Alia stood apart, her attention drawn to Rubaab and Arsalan. Seeing them together once stoked anger and hurt, but now those emotions seemed inconsequential. The happiness that eluded her before seemed irrelevant. Her feelings for Arsalan had transformed into a simple affection, appreciating his gentle words and demeanor.

Now that his commitments were settled, she harbored no objections. Suddenly, she sensed someone beside her—a male figure, evident from the sturdy build and masculine perfume, dispelling any notion of another woman's presence.

Turning her head, she saw Faizan standing with his arms wrapped around himself, observing his sister's ceremony. She looked ahead once more.

"Mashallah, kitne ache lagte hain na donon sath mai?" Faizan initiated the conversation. Alia nodded, "Hmm. Mashallah, bhot ache lag rahe hain aj bhi!" She could feel him looking at her but didn't give it much thought.

(They are looking good together right)
(Yes, they are)

"Or Arsalan or Rubaab bhi... Arsalan to jese badal hi gaya ho... Aisa diwana na tha mera bhai!" Faizan joked lightly. Alia just smiled and nodded.

(Also arsalan and rubaab, arsalan has changed, look at how he is behaving)

"Wese...ap bhi kuch kam nhi lag rahi!" leaning a bit against her, Faizan whispered. The smile on her face vanished, not in a bad way, but his words affected her—maybe his words or his closeness, but it did have an impact.

(You are looking no less as well)

She felt a shiver wanting to take over, but not wanting to make fun of herself, she resisted. "T-thank y-you," she stuttered a bit, rolling her eyes inwardly at herself. Faizan bit back a smile, seeing her so affected.

"Aik bat pochun, Alia?" he asked. She looked at him and nodded, not maintaining eye contact; his eyes were intense, revealing so much she had heard on those nights she wished to forget. "Arsalan ki shadi se...aj bhi udaas ho?" His question made her tense, her eyes cold when she glanced at him. It was slightly frightening to see her like this. Despite being raised together, she was an adorable kid. Even in her teenage years, she wasn't this cold with him. He wanted to know what had actually happened.

(Can i ask you something)
(Are you still mad with not marrying arsalan)

"Nhi...mujhe koi farq nhi parta ab... sach kahon, Faizan bhai! Mujhe laga tha k mai Rubaab ko kabhi jeene nhi dungi, lekin dekhen use... itni achi or cute si bachi...mai pighal gai. Or bat rahi Arsalan ki to ab maine soch lia... unko bhi bhai bolungi...hope k ap ko jawab mil gaya hoga," she said while looking at Rubaab but met his gaze when she uttered the last line, and he was looking at her the entire time.

(No...I don't know any difference...it's true, Faizan Bhai!  I felt as if I would never live with Rubaab, but seeing her... she was so cute or cute... I melted.  Or I thought about Arsalan's question now... I will tell him also... I hope you got the answer.)

"Mai ati hun," she turned to leave, but he pulled her back by grabbing her arm. She was shocked, "Agar mai rishta bhejun to han karogi, Alia?" Stunned, she looked at him. If she said yes, she would never be happy! How could she be when she doesn't want to? The satisfaction her mother would get after marrying her to Faizan is something she doesn't want to give. The happy one would be the one who wanted nothing but to demolish someone else. She looked around, confused about what to answer and how to get out of the situation, and his sharp gaze wasn't helping her one bit.

(I'll come)
(What if I sent alliance, will you say yes?)

Suddenly, someone called her name, and she saw it was Haseena, asking her to come and click some photos with Rimsha. Looking back at him, he was still staring at her as if it was his first time seeing her up close. His eyes held so many emotions that it scared her. She was in a dilemma now.

"Choren...Mumani jan ne bulaya hai," saying this hurriedly, she went away from him, leaving him to sigh.

(Leave me, mumani is calling me)

She was so scared now. She knew her mother would say yes, but she never wanted to ruin his life—ruin, as she could never love him. He was nothing but always good to her and her mother. And she wanted nothing like making him crave for a wife's love and her company. She sighed while hoping for the best for him. It's all she could do, even.

What she was dreading the most happened. It was after some days when her mother came into her room so happily, dancing and singing, making her laugh. "Itna kyun khush ho aj... kya hua hai?" she asked her mother. Anabia, while breathing heavily, sat on her bed. Of course, it won't be easy to dance when you are not in the age of dancing nor do you have the weight!

(Why are you so happy?)

"Arey... bhot khushi ki bat hai na...pata hai...aj teri Mumani ne Faizan k lie tumhara hath manga hai!!!" and the smile that was on her face went somewhere else; her face was clouded with fright.

(Hey... I know, it's a matter of great happiness... today your mother has asked for your hand for Faizan!)

Gulping, she looked at her mother, "Mana karden...mai nhi karungi shadi kisi se bhi!" Anabia looked at her in shock, "Oe. Pagal wagal hai? Maine pehle hi han kardia or kyun nhi karni shadi... Faizan se nhi karni ya kisi or se kar ni hai." Alia closed her eyes tightly, off course!

(I wont marry him, say no)
(Are you crazy?  I have already said yes and why not marry... not with Faizan or anyone else)

"Mujhe na Faizan se shadi karni hai na hi kisi or se... mai parhungi!" Her mother looked at her now annoyed, "Or kon parhae ga tujhe? Bap na hone k barabar hai. Ab parhne k lie mamu k age hath phailaegi?" she asked Alia, wiping her tears that leaked from her eyes. Alia once again faced her mother, "Bap hota agar ap hone deti or mai entry test dungi, Inshallah selection hojaega.. government university mai." Alia taunted her mother, even though it made no impact!

(I don't wanna marry him, I wanna study)
(Who will support you? You have no father and you will beg to study?)
(I would have gotten a father but I couldn't cause of you, I will get selection)

"Alia maine han kardi! Or main ye tere lie karrahi hun. Jo Maine saha, mai nhi chahti tere sath bhi ho!!" Anabia tried to convince her, but Alia once again said, "Ammi.. ap mujhe ameer admi se shadi karne k bajae mujhe bhi to ameer admi banta dekh sakti hain na...shadi se sab kuch nhi hota!" Anabia looked at her daughter's face. She would've agreed, but her time didn't let her. She herself had a degree in Masters in history, but after marriage, she doesn't know an H about history.

(I've already said yes and I know whats good for you)
(Ammi instead of marrying me into rich, make me rich! Richness is not everything)

For Anabia, nothing comes good when you study! It's all about marriage. So, cupping her daughter's face with her hands, she placed a kiss on her forehead, "Maine han kardi tu bhale na kar? Shadi Faizan se hi hogi!" saying she stood up and went out of the room while Alia just looked at her back and broke down in tears. She knew it! Her mother was twisted! She wouldn't let her be happy! Alia was left to choose her mother's greed or Faizan's happiness! It was the dilemma she was in!

(I've already said yes, you want it or not, it doesn't matter)