Chapter 8

Chapter 8

    08[The previous part has been modified]

    The night was surprisingly dark, and a light rain was falling outside the window, and the air was filled with a damp smell of corruption.

    The dim light reflected on the indoor walls, and Qi Fengmian's shadow slowly melted into a viscous jet-black liquid, sliding down the wall all the way to the soles of his feet.

    The liquid shadow seemed to have thoughts, it curled up at Qi Fengmian's feet, and rubbed the toe of Qi Fengmian's shoe affectionately.

    Qi Fengmian lowered his eyebrows and glanced at "Shadow", his expression indifferent. After coming into contact with the black flocculent floating in the air, he awakened his powers early.

    There are familiar energy fluctuations hidden in the floc, and Qi Fengmian believes that there will be many humans evolving tonight.

    No one knows where these flocs come from, only that it can devour the genes of the earth's organisms and "evolve" the organisms. Some people will evolve into supernatural beings who have the ability to resist flocculent substances, and some people will fuse with the genes hidden in the substances to become monsters with wisdom, who call themselves true "evolutionaries".

    In the last life, this kind of floc was hidden until the second day of the apocalypse, but it was obviously earlier this time.

    This only shows that the end of the world is ahead of schedule.

    In a few days, cities will collapse, civilization will decline, and countless people will die in this cataclysm.

    Yunluxing in the previous life was the earliest burial.

    The rain outside the window is getting heavier and heavier, and the pea-sized raindrops hit the glass window, making a crackling sound.

    Qi Fengmian sat on the side with his head lowered and his brows down, his temperament gloomy and dull. In such bad weather, Qi Fengmian suddenly recalled the scene of Yunluxing's death in his previous life.

    The sky in my memory is similar to this moment. The moon and stars seem to be covered by a heavy curtain. In the dark world, there are only the sounds of monsters' breathing and ticking rain, as well as the faint sound of Yunluxingxing that may break at any time. Falling breath.

    In her memory, Yunluxing was penetrated by the twisted limbs of the monster, and bright red blood flowed out of her body continuously, dyeing everything around her red.

    She murmured, "Death is very painful." Her eyes were clean and clear, as if she was complaining to him about the most ordinary little things in life.

    Until a long time later, when Qi Fengmian recalled Yunluxing every time, what came to his mind was her pale face covered in blood, and her ears were echoing with her faint breathing that seemed to stop at any time.

    Her body was gradually getting colder, and warm blood was flowing out of her body, taking away her vitality little by little.

    In the end, Yun Luxing said, "You have to live a good life." After that, she lost her strength and quietly leaned on the car window. Her skin was clean and white, and she seemed to be asleep.

    Death is painful.

    So still alive.

    She only left two simple sentences, but Qi Fengmian understood everything she was going to say.

    It was raining heavily that day, and the faint sound of Yunluxing was drowned out by the majestic sound of rain.

    In his last life, after Yun Luxing passed away, Qi Fengmian, who lived alone in the apocalypse, fell into endless pain and doubts. He suspected that he had auditory hallucinations.