Chapter 33.

[Oooooo, long chapter ahead!]

WHAT DO WE DO, now that I'm a wolf-shifter and our bonds have been consummated? I asked.

A bunch of snickers caused me to spin and glare in confusion. We haven't consummated the bond yet, darlin'.

Yet? Projected my thoughts into the minds of my boys. Isn't that what we just did?

Ace growled lowly; we secured the pack bond between us. Consummating involves performing... sexual activities.

Oh, then we definitely didn't do any of that. I felt my wolf-cheeks heat up in awkwardness.

If only I had a book on everything to do with wolf-shifters! It would have saved my ass on multiple occasions from severe embarrassment and social humiliation. The book would be called 'Wolf-Shifters 101' or 'The Ultimate Guide to Wolf-Shifters'.

"There isn't such a book."

I KNOW, and there should be!

"There is only one wolf-shifter in the history of our species that doesn't know the social conventions and history behind our kind. Since that amount is an extreme minority, there has been no need to write a book called 'Wolf-Shifters for Dummies."

What about late-shifters?

"Late-shifters still grow up in shifter communities. They're exposed to other shifters of their kind from their birth. They end up adopting habits and knowledge even when they can't shift," Riana explained. "Once, a shifter's wolf was so dormant that the human would echo nearly all the actions a wolf would do just through watching his peers doing it. The guy would walk around, and lick his arms while attempting to bring up his rear leg to scratch his ear. Depressing," she chuckled, not sounding all that depressed.

Could I talk to that one wolf-shifter?

"Don't you know?"

I shook my head from side to side. I didn't want to know.

"I don't think it's possible for one to talk to themselves."

Rolling my eyes, I chastised my hopeful self for thinking that there was someone else who had a similar situation to me. Of course, Riana would raise my hope before throwing it off the steep side of Mount Everest. I really am a dummy for believing her tricks. There should be a book on 'How to not be a Dummy for Dummies'.

The entire pack sat around the coffee table in their human forms. I nursed a cup of hot chocolate, sighing from the intake of sweet goodness as I sank further into the plush armchair.

"Why can't I show my new and updated shifter self? I asked that question a while ago but never got an answer," I stared pointedly at the side of Fynn's chiselled face.

I still wasn't over his horrible temper and personality, but I had to admit the indigo sweater looked fantastic on him. It complemented the electric blue strands in his hair and his chocolaty brown eyes. It didn't help that the sweater stretched over his chest and contoured enough to hint at his muscular physique while maintaining looseness and comfort.

"For the first time in forever, I wish I'm that sweater."

Jealousy doesn't look good on you, Riana.

Fynn's hair parted before going back to its original, messy position as he ran his fingers through his hair. Soft waves sat in tuffs on top of his head, curls falling to cover part of his forehead.