twitchcon

tw: general anxiety, anxiety attacks, public speaking, throwing up.
probably some mistakes.
in this dream gets anxiety attacks at the process of change or new experience.

------------------------

it was dreams first ever twitchcon after his face reveal a couple days prior. to say he was nervous was an understatement. sapnap had repeatedly told him that he didn't have to go if he thought it would be too overwhelming yet here dream was in nicks car with George in the seats behind them because he was scared he would let the fans down if he didn't show up.

Clays POV:

i could feel my hands tremble as we came closer to the building of the event. i knew that i would get too overwhelmed and probably have to leave but i really wanted to try for the fans. it was a big day for them being able to see their idol in real life after years of waiting.

"clay? you sure your okay with this?" George spoke up from his seat having noticed my not so hidden trembles.

"it's fine. i'll be fine" i say trying to convince myself.

"you sure? you've gone kinda pale and shaky" at this point i could tell i was feeling a bit too nauseous about what was about to happen so i undid my seatbelt in hope of relieving these feelings.

"yeah i'm good, let's go?"

"okay" i heard the uncertainty of the situation in his voice like he could tell it was bound to go wrong.

we exited the car and walked into the large building together. the scent of coffee and cologne was the what hit you when you first entered the doors. we made our way around George and nick making sure to point out things to me that might be useful as we went such as where the toilets were and places i could stay to get away from everyone. eventually in the hallway of the building we found quackity and Karl and made our way to face the large crowd.

"George?" i asked timidly.

"can you make sure you sit with me please?" i finish.

"yeah, of course" he replied with a soft voice. i knew, he knew i was beyond nervous because it's rare i get to see the soft side of George like this, i think it's one of my favourite things about him. he gets really protective and caring when it comes to my adhd and anxiety about stuff like this.

i could feel the lack of oxygen entering my lungs as i tried to take a deep breath and collect myself before we started the first event. following the smaller brunette i walked into the crowded room and immediately felt the difference in the atmosphere. the room was more tense and nerve racking than the hallway we were previously stood in and i felt a sudden rush of pressure from it.

we took our seats at the stretched table, George to my left and nick on my right. i took notice of how George made sure we sat at the end of the table in case we had to leave and i felt immediate guilt at the fact he was thinking about my problems instead of enjoying himself.

i let my knee bounce anxiously as i knew i wouldn't be able to stop my worries with this many eyes on me, i was starting feel hopeless, it was only 20 minutes into the event.

"dream, do you have any big plans for the near future involving your fans?" a younger girl asked, i looked out at her and saw she was wearing a dark green sweatshirt and grey joggers along with a rainbow tote bag hanging from her shoulder next to her amber curls.

it wasn't the question itself that panicked me, in fact it was quite tame compared to the questions the others had to answer so for that i was very grateful. i looked away from the girl as i tried to collect an answer in my head.