scratches

tw: self harm kinda, anxiety.
friends to lovers >>>>

--------------------------------------

Georges POV (they're just friends rn):

i'm in a situation.

around an 20 minutes ago, clay came shyly into my room to ask me to go to a new restaurant he had apparently stumbled across on his drive to the store. i protested at first, i wasn't in a state to go out, my hair was greasy ,i hadn't washed and i was comfy in bed having a pyjama day, but when he turned to leave with his head dropped looking at the floor and biting his dry lips i felt bad. he seemed nervous to ask me and i just straight up denied him? he must feel horrible, and i know clay, he wont want to go on his own so hes going to go back into his room and cancel the reservations and sit by himself waiting on the day he will have the courage to ask me again. God i'm a dick. i quickly walked back over to his room and told him i had changed my mind and that i would be ready in 30 mins.

that was 20 minutes ago and I've only just got out of the shower, my wet hair was dripping down my neck and i had no fucking clue what to wear. i rushed around with a hairdryer in my hand, blowing my hair, trying to find some jeans and any top, the restaurant was moderately fancy but i had no 'nice' clothes, i know dream doesn't either though so i guess its okay. once i was dressed, i scrambled back into the en suite to spray some cologne when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"hey, are you ready?" it was dreams voice, he still sounded oddly nervous.

"yeah" i replied opening the door, he looked at my slightly damp hair and then down at my outfit.

"socks, you need socks George" i looked down at my feet that were bare.

"oh..right"

we left the house soon enough. during the 15 minute drive to the restaurant i couldn't help but notice clay's constant fidgeting and twitching, sure he does it a lot but this was more extreme than usual, i decided not to bring it up because i didn't want to make the rest of the ride awkward, we aren't really really the kind of friends that could talk to each other about emotions and to be honest it can get annoying at times. i wanted to know what was on his mind.

when we walked through the doors of the building, a waitress greeted us with stacked menus and napkins in her hands. she asked us for our names to check the reservation and then led us to our table where she placed two menus in front of us with neatly folded cloth napkins over the top. the place was nice, they had string lights all around the wooden beams on the high ceilings and lots of golden decor scattered around, it felt cosy in a way.

Clays POV:

holy shit. holy shit. holy shit.

for the past couple of months the only thing that has been on my mind is George, i am so fucking infatuated with him it's borderline obsessive. he's so perfect. everything about him is so so perfect. i think I've actually fallen in love, like head over heals in love. in these past couple months i have come to a conclusion, a conclusion that i was not ready to act upon, and that is that it would be better to be spending this time actually physically with him rather than just thinking of him. ('sonnet 29' by Elizabeth Barrett Browning reference)

this all led to me very impulsively booking a table for two at a restaurant and asking George out. well i guess i didn't actually ask him out in that way but it doesn't matter because hes here now. he's sat so beautifully in front of me telling the waitress his order of lasagne and a side of Caesar salad.  i brought him here because i wanted to confess and tell him everything, maybe not everything he would probably be a bit creeped out if i told him everything, but i plan on telling him enough to make him understand. all i can do is hope he feels the same way, and hope i don't make myself look stupid or weird.