Chapter 21- An irregular Heartbeat

--Giovanni POV--

She was in her natural habitat. Going through the racks of men's clothes to find something befitting me in preparation for our date which I'm already dreading. If she doesn't agree to marry me by the end of the year after all that I'm willing to go through for her, then I am going to lose my mind, something she's already working on.

I sat back on the couch, not daring to say anything in hopes of having my presence from this place removed as she picked out some different pieces of clothing for me to try on.

I hated shopping, all kinds of shopping from grocery to clothes, it was all such a hassle, and a waste of my time that could have been spent more wisely.

But then there's Aurora, she's a fashion icon. In the time that I've been living in Germany, I've seen her more often than not on different gossip magazines where they all complimented her outfit choices, her beauty was a bonus to that. Women gained inspiration from her, men wanted to date her, and then there was me who hated the fact that she was so popular; The number of people that ogle her has to be unsanitary.

"Come on, wear this,"

"I'm not going to give you a fashion show," I grumbled, refusing to stand up as she rolled her eyes, unfazed by my reluctance before grabbing my hand and attempting to pull me up from my sitting position, which she obviously failed in, but I pitied her, so I listened.

"I'm not asking for one. Unless you really want to give me one..." The pointed look I gave her was enough to knock her hopes down to hell.

"I picked out an outfit for our date. Just go wear it, and we're done," She grumbled, shoving the outfit into my arms before pointing to the changing room as I followed her finger before darting my gaze over to the separate rack of clothes that stood beside us.

"Then what's all that?" I suspiciously asked.

"All the other clothes you can wear in your spare time," She answered.

"I don't have any spare time,"

"Of course, you don't, you pitiful man. But in the hopes that one day you do, those informal clothes are for that day. And if that is still not enough to convince you, then you can wear one of those outfits to another one of our dates,"

"Another date?" I echoed, choosing to ignore all the other miserable words she spoke.

"What? This is the only date you're willing to go on with me in the span of this entire year that you have to win my heart? If so, then you might as well give up now, since I don't plan on-"

"-I'm going to get changed," I walked into the changing rooms, once again, choosing to ignore her amused laughter that followed behind me. This woman is a force to be reckoned with, and today is not the day of reckoning.

But, I will give it to her when I say that she's good with fashion, those magazines knew what they were talking about. I'm a man that likes to be comfortable, and ever since I became the chairman of my company, suits were what I had to wear more often than not, and before I knew it, with how big of a workaholic I was, they became my usual outfits. But this outfit that she picked out for me is quite comfortable.

Stepping out in the new attire, she paused in looking through the throng of clothes to look at me, pausing for a moment before a cute, satisfied grin flashed across her face.

"See, you look hot when you dress casual, you should do it more often," Automatically, I found myself rolling my eyes, but little did she know that the thumping in my chest sped up at her words, and that smile; that blinding smile that sparked to life at the most unpredictable moments, it was dangerous.