13🌸 Little Mistakes

Sara walked through the corridor, taking quick strides filled with nervousness. Her eyes were glued to the practice book as she went through each question and its options meticulously. It was her only opportunity to secure the scholarship.
As she walked, engrossed in preparation, she suddenly bumped into Ishan, who stood in front of her like a rock with a poker face, his eyes fixed on her.
"Wha-" Sara began to utter but looked up to find Ishan standing in front of her. His face showed guilt from their last fight. She tried to ignore him and started walking ahead when Ishan blocked her way.
"Ishan! Get aside..." She fretted.
"First, listen to me. And don't show me this attitude." Ishan said, looking at her softly. "I hate it when we don't talk," he added, looking down.
Sara couldn't withstand his innocence much. She had almost surrendered her indignation to his humility.
Ishan put his hand inside his sweatshirt pocket and took out a macaroon covered in a transparent plastic wrap, on which a pink sticker was pasted with a message, "Sorry." Looking at that, Sara's heart melted for a second, but she quickly controlled herself and started looking around, her greedy gaze evident to show how much she wanted to eat that macaroon.
"I know you really like this. Eat it now." Ishan insisted while stuffing a bite inside Sara's mouth.
The sweet flavor of macaroons melted inside Sara's mouth when she looked at Ishan with fake agitation.
"I have a class, so I make a move. All The Best! And meet me after the test, come down to the back field. (Sara shrugged) I'll wait for you!" Ishan told her with a smile as he waved his hand at her.

Two hours passed, and Sara came out of the examination hall while relaxing her neck as she took a long, relaxed sigh after getting free from the test burden.
She was positive about her scores as her practice had led her to confidently mark all the answers correctly. It was then she remembered Ishan's words, and she headed to the backfield where Nia saw her and waved her hand.
"Got done!?" Asks Nia.
"Yup."
"Now...are you and Ishan are talking?" Questions Nia, who somehow got aware of Ishan's feeling for Sara.
"Hmm..." Sara mumbled.
It was when a football came out of nowhere and hit Nia's hand hard, causing her to fall on the ground.
"Nia! Are you okay!?" Exclaimed Sara as she helped Nia to stand up while she was struggling with her short skirt, when Nia looked angrily towards Rudra, who was laughing at her state.
"Pass me the ball!" Ordered Rudra rudly.
"Apologise first!" nags Sara.
"Cut the crap! and pass my ball, you're wasting our time." Rudra added arrogantly.
"How bad you as a person you could be, at least have decency to apollogize!" Sara says in admonition.
"Apologize to whom? This Nia! Why were you both standing near the court when we were playing. This ball has the capability of reaching all the places, unlike her skirt, which can't even reach till her knees! Is she wearing her size or a kid's size!" Ishan sneers when all his friends start laughing.
"Sara, let's just end it here, pass him the ball. Everybody is staring at us." Nia utters slowly while pulling Sara's arms, who was bubbling up in anger.
"You want the ball, right?" Sara raises her one eyebrow.
Sara picks up and aiming at him, throws the ball harshly, which hits his nose, and he gets stumbled.
"Ops! Bad catch!" Mocks Sara at him.
"You wench!" Rudra retorted as he came to charge her in agitation. It was when Ishan came in between as he pushed him back, which evoked a fight.
Both the guys were busy beating each other while the other students present in the backfield took out their phones to record this filmy scene. Sara tries to stop Ishan, but there was no end to their fight. Both the boys took their chances to beat one another black and blue when Rudra attacked Ishan by grabbing his neck and pushing him down.
Looking at Ishan getting weak, Sara gets in between to stop Rudra by pulling his hair from the back and starting thundering upon him.
"Are you guys mad!? Stop it all!" Begs Nia to Ishan, who was breathing heavily.

Soon, a physical education teacher intervened in between and took the three of them to the Dean's room.
"Did you do this to him?" Inquired the dean looking at Sara while pointing out Rudra's face, which has been turned blue. Sara kept silent as she looked down.
"Call their mentors right now! I want to have words with them." Instructed the Dean to the peon.
Sara was satisfied with the fact that Nazareth would definitely save her, but to her dismay, both Rudra and Sara shared the same mentor, i.e., Nazareth.
As Nazareth entered the office, his eyes traveled to Rudra and Sara's face, whose face was telling all the story.
Ishan's mentor Priya Bakshi was a smart lady. She apologized on his behalf and escaped him from the consequences. While Sara was still stuck with Rudra.
"Prof Nazareth, what kind of behavior is this!? Students are fighting like cats and dogs on the campus." Shouted the dean.
"Rudra, can you explain what happened?" Nazareth asks,when Rudra elaborated the whole story but with a different angle where he had just mentioned Sara charging on him violently concealing the facts what he did initially
"He's lying!" Clarifies Sara.
"I was already playing at the court,I didn't know it would hurt Nia. I was about to say sorry, but Sara didn't give me a chance." Claimed Rudra in a victimised tone.
"Do you have a death wish you lier!" Sara blurts.
"Mind your tongue, Miss Sara!" Scolded Nazareth.
"Prof Nazareth, now what will you do about this? Your wards are ruining our university reputation." Dean states.
"Miss Sara, did Rudra intentionally hit Nia ?" Asks Nazareth when Sara slowly looked up to his eyes, and she shrugged her head in a no.
"Did you hit the ball for him to bleed?" He inquired when Sara, realising her mistake, nodded her head slowly and shifted her gaze to the floor in embarrassment when Rudra smirked.
Nazareth was feeling it hard to believe that Sara could have done such a deed and that too involving Rudra while Sara was ashamed of herself thinking about her image in front of her professor.
"I'm sorry, Sir, on behalf of my wards. You may take your call, and I won't interfere." Nazareth says, looking at the Dean when Sara looked at him in shock.
"Miss Sara Roy, as punishment of your deed, the university can even stop your scholarship or even can expulse you from the university, you know that?" Dean's words were falling in her ears, but Sara couldn't say anything further.
"Since it's your first time, we are gracing you. As a result, you need to submit the public apology and will be suspended for a brief time of 4 days." The dean decided.
The tension in the room thickens as the dean delivers the consequences for Sara's actions. Nazareth's disappointment and Sara's remorse create a somber atmosphere. The lack of a chance for Sara to explain herself adds to the emotional weight of the situation. As Nazareth leaves without a word, a sense of missed understanding hangs in the air, leaving both parties grappling with the aftermath of the incident.

Coming out of the office, Nazareth saw Ishan standing here who went to Sara.
"Let's go." Says Ishan as he held Sara's hand when Sara's moist eyes met Nazareth's for a brief time where he could see a lot of complaints.
"Thanks, Professor, for taking the right decision." Rudra said to Nazareth.
"Does it hurt?" Asks Nazareth looking at his blue turned nose.
"It-it pains! Hope it's not fractured. This girl is nuts!" Rudra said while putting on a victimised act.
"Go for the treatment." Instructs Nazareth when Rudra nodded.
"Get a treatment for your obnoxious behavior as well. Because this time you got saved by your sheer luck. The next time, no authority can stop me from bringing you down to the wheelchair." Threatens Nazareth while looking straight into Rudra's eyes standing tall in front of him while Rudra hesitates in looking at him.

••┈┈┈┈•:•.•:•.•:• ☾ ☼ ☽ •:•.•:•.•:•┈┈┈┈••

**Please do vote and comment for us to grow and improve.**