Boy Meets Old Wizard

Disclaimer: I don't own either RWBY or Fate. Please support the official release.

Jaune Arc was a ten-year-old boy with a big dream. He wanted to become a hero, a Hero of Justice. Someone who could save everyone. Inspired by the stories of his grandfather, he wanted to be just like him and fight for the people of Remnant; humans and Faunus alike. It was a lofty goal, one that would take years to achieve. But Jaune didn't care, he was determined to see it through no matter what. There was just one problem.

Jaune didn't know how to fight.

His grandfather taught him some of the basics, but when he died his father refused to teach him, instead prompting him to learn housework like sewing and cooking among other miscellaneous things. His sisters and mother were no help either, being forbidden by his father to not teach him anything.

As a result, Jaune became resentful of the man. It turns out that his father married his mother because he desired the fame that came with the Arc name. He learned this while eavesdropping on a conversation his father had with his former colleagues that night, implying that he only married his mother not out of love but money. When he told his mother this, she denied his claims before lashing out and delivered an aura-infused punch, which sent him out of the fourth-story window of their house.

Jaune survives this, his aura awakening at the last second before crashing hard on the ground. With his family now officially against him, supporting a scumbag who didn't even love them, Jaune runs deep into the forest.

And this is where our story begins.

----

Jaune is seen running through the forest. "Damnit, damnit, damnit!" Tears fell from his face at the pain and the betrayal by his family. "Why mom!? WHY!? How can you love someone like him!?" He cries as he reaches a clearing in the forest with a large stone in the center.

He breathes heavily as he walks towards the stone. "What do I do? I can't go back to that house. That man will likely kill me if I do. But if I don't then Jeanne and the others will suffer..." Tears begin to swell up again. "Lily, Rose, Jane, Marie, Barb, Saphron, Jeanne... I'm sorry I couldn't protect you..."

"Now, now, there's no need for tears."

"Eep!" Jaune suddenly jumps from the stone and falls on the floor. He turns his head to see an old man wearing a black suit trimmed with silver and a small black cape on his left side. He wears a pair of white gloves and a fine-looking cane on his side. He has swept-back gray hair, a well-trimmed beard, and crimson-red eyes.

 He has swept-back gray hair, a well-trimmed beard, and crimson-red eyes

Yet, Jaune can sense that there was something off about him. Something... mischievous.

"Hello there." The old man smiles.

"H-Hello." Jaune stutters out.

"Lovely night, isn't it?"

Jaune nods.