You

Hey Waddling Wombat!🦇

(And I mean waddling in the cutest sense)

I know what you're thinking... okay I don't but for the sake of this chapter I'm going to assume. You're thinking that: 'Joy, the title of this chapter is'You', isn't that too big of a topic to cover?'

My answer: why do you think I'm giving myself a full chapter to cover it!

First things first!

Life update: go ahead and rant about the good, the bad, or anything in between.

Quick Me Life update: I haven't written in two weeks, not even a one shot for Open Case File which is something I could do if I had no arms and was bleeding out... So that tells you about my week.

Positive thing: I got to record a song for my mom's musical Christmas project.

It will be uploaded Sunday so let me know if you want me to post a link.

Now! Onto today's discussion - You!

You might think that it's too early in this book for me to start gushing about you considering you might dip at some point but it's not. It's the perfect time!

Let's get a little context. We are on wattpad, a very transitive app. I mean you can glance at a cover of a book, not like it and move on. You can read a book for a few chapters and never finish it. If you don't like one story there's millions of others to go to. There's millions of authors to follow.

What does this have to do you with you?

Everything! This has everything to do with you because I'm so so soooo aware that you could read one of my books and never read any of the others. You could follow me but never once read my announcements, or even check out the new books I post. I could be a comma in the story of your life.

Instead you've made me a reoccurring character that appears from time to time.

Do you understand what I'm saying? I'm saying that I am freaking blown away by you! Like all the time! Seriously!

Let's start out with the fact that I'm trying to finish The It Girl and instead of bailing on me, so many of you have told me to take my time, to take care of myself, that you'll be waiting!

LIKE WHAT?!?! Are you serious? Why? Why are you sticking with me when I'm failing to do the one thing that you are on this app to do and that's to read! I'm not even giving you the story you want and yet, and YET you stay!

Makes no sense to me! Like none at all!

That's not even it all. I have watched so many of you read one book (usually A Secret Service) then slowly, or with intense speed read, everything else I've written! And that includes Beyond the Barrier, a story about zombies. But you comment on it and tell me you read it because I wrote it!

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!! WHY?? WAE?? WHY!!

Does it stop there? Nope! It doesn't!

It doesn't stop there because you have lives, school, college, jobs that eventually take you away from Wattpad. But if you come back to Wattpad, you find me!

badass_grace popped up in this book and it's been, I'd say, a year since I've seen her, life got crazy with college but she found me again! Like what?! That didn't have to happen! I could have easily slipped from her life.

CarniaHolmes has been with me for so long at this point I feel like we are going to be old ladies together!

There's so many of you that even if you don't comment, you'll vote and I'll see you pop up in my notifications. LogannStockman05 has been voting on my books since way back in A Secret Service days! That's years!! Literally years!

And this isn't me picking out a couple people who have been around a long time, no these are just the ones I'm picking off the top of my head but there's so many of you that I could name. LITERALLY SO MANY!!

So many of you that I know have started reading my books in high school and are now in college, or you were in college and are starting jobs.

Oh jeez, I need to catch my breath.

I don't think you get it, I don't understand why you support me. Why you stick with me even when I know life can get crazy. Like why?

Am I odd and amusing?

Yes, but I think that's true for a lot of people, so why should I be the one you give part of your precious time to?

Are my books good?

I think so? Sometimes I don't think so. I've lost perspective so I don't know if that's why you stick with me.

What you are reading now is the tangled thoughts of someone who understands how easy it is to move on, to forgot a little author on a big platform and so doesn't comprehend why you stay.

Okay, I'm going to slow down my mental breakdown.

The thing is, I never expected this app to mean as much to me as it has. I never meant for it to have the community in it that it has.

When I first got on it was simply to share my stories, but the goal was always to move on, to get them published with a publishing house. In my conceited mind Wattpad was a stepping stone to something better.

But that stepping stone has become a beautiful, comforting home.

No published author is as lucky as me. That's a fact.

I not only have you, who I have just ranted about sticking with me. But I get to experience my stories through you. I get to watch as line by line you are effected.

No publishing author gets that. They might get tweets or messages from readers saying they loved their work, or even sharing their favorite quote, but they don't know the detail I do. They don't know what line has thousands of comments because every reader reacted to it the same way.

Heck! They don't have two readers having a conversation in their book's comment section but I have that. (It is currently reaching over 5k comments)

You know why this app has changed not only my outlook but my life, right?

Of course you do, because it's you.

You changed my life.

I'm currently at 1k words for this and still it doesn't feel like I've expressed my love, gratitude, amazement for you. For you being you. For you choosing to be a part of my life to an extent that I don't think you will ever fully understand.

Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

When I say I love you, I say it knowing that without you, my life would not be the same. I wouldn't be the same. My small world would be less brighter.

If you are ever having a rough day please know that somewhere in the world you've impacted the life of an author. What you do is never small!

Thank you!

I know that was a lot and if you have a reply, an explanation for you amazing actions well, I'd love to hear it!

But as always you never have to comment, but it makes my day to hear from you!

Also if any of you want to share how many years or months you've been reading my books then I'd love to know that!

Never will you be able to understand my love for you! Let's face it, it's like how I will never be able to understand why you are still with me!

I love you, Noodle!