Chapter 70: Face Slapping Ran Shengqui

Just how did the Emperor’s mind work? Just how does he want him to be honest with him and let him see what kind of truth?

While full of misgivings, Ling Xiao quickly arrived at the entrance of Concubine Xian’s palace.

The maid went in to announce his arrival, and he followed closely.

Within Concubine Xian’s palace, the Emperor was already sitting in the master seat while Concubine Xian and Hong Ye knelt in front of him in formal dress.

Looking at his current appearance, he did not seem to have any desire to let them up.

Ling Xiao maintained his composure as he walked to his side. Just when he was about to salute, the Emperor reached out and tugged him over.

“You’re excused from the courtesy.”

While he spoke, he exerted some more power and pulled Ling Xiao into his embrace while sitting on his thigh.

Ling Xiao froze for a moment and wanted to struggle until he saw the two women below stealing glances at them, their bodies stiff. They seem to be complaining and jealous about him.

He paused for a moment and changed his mind. He relaxed his body and cleverly sat on the Emperor’s thigh, obediently staying the Emperor’s arms.

The Emperor faintly raised an eyebrow, his penetrating eyes sweeping pass Ling Xiao, the kneeling Concubine Xian and Hong Ye. He became clear of Ling Xiao’s intention.

Observing the prideful look on his man, as well as his action of sticking his cheek close to his chest, his entire appearance and attitude was like a protective cat, declaring to his enemies that he was his.

The Emperor’s mood turned for the better and he hugged Ling Xiao, gently kissing him under the other’s flabbergasted gaze.

Ling Xiao’s body turned still and slowly looked up only to see the Emperor’s gentle expression. A trace of a matchless smile was on his face while the aura of power that was surrounding him instantly turned soft at his arrival. Like a gust of spring wind in wintry, it blew away all the cold.

Ling Xiao’s heart suddenly started to jump, a blush spreading across his face. They had obviously done pretty much everything, yet he was still like a novice to love, bashful and shy.

Concubine Xian watched in shock, silently pushing down her reaction. She had been with the Emperor for so long and had never seen him disregard his surroundings like this, and she had never seen him so gentle.

This man really did walk into the Emperor’s heart.

No matter who they were, they no longer had a chance.

Concubine Xian came to realize it and lowly bowed, saluting to Ling Xiao, “Good greetings to King Consort.”

Hong Ye quickly followed her example, “Good greetings to King Consort.”

TL Note: The greetings don’t translate well, they basically mean we hope you are well and healthy and all of that.

The two greets quickly called back Ling Xiao to his senses and his line of sight moved away from the Emperor to fall onto Concubine Xian and Hong Ye.

Concubine Xian’s obedient appearance was plainly visible, while Hong Ye’s unwilling attitude also did not escape Ling Xiao’s eyes.

“You may both rise.” The Emperor finally addressed them.

Ling Xiao pursed his lips, quietly sitting in the Emperor’s embrace, waiting to see what the Emperor wanted to show him.

“Thank you Master.” Concubine Xian and Hong Ye both replied and got up elegantly.