Chapter 71: Dispersing The Harem (END)

Really a bit worried about Concubine Li, Ling Xiao mulled and waited for the Emperor to return so he could talk to him a little and let him go visit her.

When the thought had just rose, Ling Xiao saw the Emperor walk in the palace with large strides, he hurriedly smiled and stood up to meet him.

“Your Majesty, I was just thinking about you and you returned.”

Those words were like the dawn that split open the dense fog and spilled into the Emperor’s heart. The gloomy haze in his heart cleared up and he slightly relaxed his expression, softly looking at Ling Xiao and asked, “Do you miss Us a lot?”

Ling Xiao nodded with a smile, “Of course I miss you.”

The splendid smile caused the Emperor’s heart to jump once, and the softest part of his heart felt like it was being gently fiddle with and made him feel a bit itchy. The anger in his chest was thus swept clean.

Forget it.

The Emperor faintly sighed, his eyes full of helplessness as he held Ling Xiao and walked to the table, “You’re probably hungry, let’s eat.”

Ling Xiao slightly pushed him away and shook his head. The Emperor looked down at him, puzzled, and Ling Xiao continued, “Your Majesty, I’m not hungry yet.”

Ling Xiao then started to make idle chat, “Your Majesty, do you know who came this afternoon?”

There was only one person paying this palace a visit, so the Emperor naturally knew. He silently waited for Ling Xiao to continue.

Seeing how he wasn’t going to answer, Ling Xiao answered his own question, “It was Concubine Li, Ling Xiao previously mentioned someone interesting.”

As if he had remembered something interesting, Ling Xiao gave a faint laugh.

The Emperor’s face turned cold at the sight, but Ling Xiao who was immersed in his memories did not notice this change.

He continued, “That Concubine Li had shined out in the sun for a couple hours waiting for Ling Xiao to get up. If it were other people going through what she had, they would hate Ling Xiao to death.”

While he spoke, he helplessly shook his head, “But that Concubine Li is so muddle-headed, she actually wasn’t angry at all. Your Majesty, to think you have such a stupid concubine in your palace, she’s really stupid to the point of being cute.”

The Emperor tightly gripped his fist, rage filling his heart, waiting for his next words.

He coldly snorted, saying in an accusing manner, “It looks like, you quite like this Concubine Li.”

Ling Xiao nodded, “In this palace, the number of people that can stay so innocent and pure are far too few. Although Concubine Li is stupid, her nature is very pure, Ling Xiao quite appreciate it.”

While he spoke, Concubine Li’s pale face flashed through his mind and his smile disappeared, worry replacing it, “But she was having heatstroke. I don’t know how she is now, if the physician checked on her yet.”

Since he already mentioned him, Ling Xiao took the chance to ask, “Although it’s kind of late now, Ling Xiao is truly worried about Concubine Li. Your Majesty, I would like permission to visit her.”

“Impudent!” Those words were like flames that thoroughly ignited the rage in the Emperor’s heart.

With a sound of rage, his palm exerted some power and actually caused the table in front of them to shake and shatter.

His gaze was ice cold while red surrounded his eyes, staring fiercely at Ling Xiao like a wolf, as if he wanted to go forward and bite Ling Xiao into pieces.