Chapter 2

Screams echo throughout the dark space around her. Everything around her didn't feel real. It felt like a distant memory.

She could hear two people screaming at each other, but couldn't quite make out the words.

Luna drew herself closer to the noise, looking around to find nothing surrounding her, except the noise that awaited her.

"You don't think I know? She looks exactly like him!"

The words... they sound familiar.

The closer she got to the fighting adults, the clearer it became. She knew it all too well. The same scene that payed her a visit every night in her dreams. "You're crazy, Michael! She's yours. You know I would never do that to you."

Luna told herself that it wasn't real, it was just a dream.

"No! No!" She screamed herself awake, instantly shooting from the bed.

As she tried to catch her breath, she noticed a figure in the corner of the room. "It's difficult to get any work done when I can hear you screaming throughout the castle."

Caius. Great.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry that I bothered you," she replied with sarcasm dripping off her tongue.

He moved from out of the dark corner, taking a few steps towards her. "I'd suggest that you speak to me with more respect."

She scoffs, standing from the bed, taking a few steps herself. "Or what?"

Caius had never dealt with someone so defiant, so unbelievably irritating. Never had anyone had the nerve to speak to him the way she did. It made his hand twitch with the urge to punish.

"Or I'll make you regret your words, dog." His eyes hardened at her, not wavering his focus.

"Listen, Lucifer. I didn't ask to be here. As a matter of fact, I'm being forced to stay here for reasons I don't quite understand. I've been doing this on my own for a long time. So forgive me, if I don't bow down to the pissy vampire who expects me to call him king while acting like an infant."

Caius couldn't control his actions. He sped towards her, his hand wrapping around her neck, pushing her against the wall.

His entire body pressed against hers, causing her breath to hitch in her throat.

"I will not tolerate this act of insolence. I would advise you to choose your next words carefully, before I rip your pretty little head off. Do I make myself clear?"

He didn't understand it, but being so close to her made him not want to move.

He was angry. Furious. Livid. But for some reason, he found himself not wanting to let her go.

Something about the way she spoke to him caused a spark of excitement.

Luna, unfortunately, didn't choose her next words carefully. In fact, the next sentence to escape her lips would be the most annoying yet. "You think I'm pretty?", she playfully gasped at him.

A growl erupted in his chest, his fingers tightening around her neck.

As her breathing quickened, he found himself unconsciously inching closer.

But the second that he noticed his actions, he was gone.

Luna had never seen anyone run from her faster.

She giggled at her triumph, moving towards the bathroom to look at her reflection. Her hand moved to the little mark that was already disappearing on her throat.