no body, no crime

*Wednesday POV*
Enid told me to stop calling Tyler since he never accepted a call.

Enid: "Maybe he's still working?"
Wednesday: "Yes, maybe."

I didn't feel like he was still working. But I had no choice but to wait for a call from him. I tried to talk to Enid again about the night she came to the room late and was very annoyed.
It seemed to me that something had happened between her and Ajax, but she dodged every question.
Enid said I should turn off the laptop now and we could go for a walk together to give me a bit of a distraction. Thing wanted to go too and jumped on my shoulder. It felt good to be out in the fresh air, but Enid and I just kept quiet. I was worried about her and grabbed her hand and stroked her thumb. She smiled at me and said, "Thank you Wednesday." I told her that if she ever wants to talk about this, she should come straight to me, she nodded. I think we were out for a full two hours, but it felt good outside

*Tyler's POV*
I've been watching Wednesday and Enid for a long time, I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that Ivy was holding my hand. Realizing that, I released my hand from hers and went back into the café. Ivy followed me and asked what just happened. I didn't answer and sat down at a table in the café. She sat down next to me.

Ivy: "You can talk to me, Tyler. I know we don't actually know each other, but you can open up to me."
I wasn't sure if I should confide in her about all this, but I thought it would be good to talk to someone about it.
Tyler: "Wednesday came to Nevermore a few weeks ago, I met her here at the coffee shop. I've never really been into girls, never really wanted to meet one. But she was different, in a good way. I knew from the first moment that I wanted to meet her. It kind of felt right and I felt like she could bring meaning to my life. We ended up bumping into each other a number of times in Jericho, and then I from Thing an invitation to go to the raven ball with her.
Ivy: "Wait a minute, who's Thing?"
Tyler: "It doesn't matter that much. So then the night of the Raven Ball came and I was standing in front of her door, I couldn't stop smiling, whenever she was near me I was just happy. She looked stunning that night, she always does, but the dress she wore fit her perfectly, it underlined not only her beauty but also her character.
Ivy: "So you guys are together?"
Tyler: "No, it's all a little complicated."
Ivy: "Then I don't know why we're talking about it. Then it's a complete waste of time. I think you shouldn't get attached to people with whom things are complicated or difficult, it saps energy."
Tyler: "Yes, but I think I love Wednesday. And even it's difficult, I don't want to give that up."
Ivy: "There are other lovely girls out there. If you give up something, you can gain something else."

She stroked my hand and smiled at me. I don't know what she wants to achieve with this. I mean she's right, but I don't want another girl, I only want Wednesday. It's her or none.
I pulled my hand away from her and checked my phone. "Omg fuck!" I figured I had 15 missed calls from Wednesday. I called right back but no one answered, the second time no one answered too and the next 10 times no one did either. I decided to give up and took off my apron before heading home. I actually wanted to go visit Xavier but because of the conversation with Ivy I completely forgot the time and it was already 9 p.m. On the way home I thought about the things Ivy said. I mean she's definitely right, it's really complicated with Wednesday and I'm often sad that it's not easy and we have a lot of problems. But I think I'd rather have it complicated with Wednesday than easy with another one. I'm grateful to Ivy for the chat, but I know what I want, and that's just Wednesday.
When I got home, the house was completely silent. I suspected that my father was already asleep or he was still looking for some monsters in the dark forest. He's beginning to doubt that it's Xavier. I fell into bed dead tired and checked my cell phone again before falling asleep, still no call from Wednesday. I put it on loud so that as soon as she calls back, it will wake me up. I slept and my last thought was Wednesday.