𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

➶

"Well, look who it is!" Jared came running off of the porch with Paul and Jacob following after him. Ivanna gave a small smile as she climbed out of the truck, giving Sam a warning look as he was already trying to hurry over to carry her inside.

"You even had me worried, Ives." Paul was the next to speak up, which surprised Ivanna a little bit at how much he actually cared about her. They were close, but not as close as she was with the others since he liked to mainly stay to himself until he could fully control his anger.

"Yeah, he was even crying, choking on his tears as he was like "I should've been there more for her", "she always made sure I got seconds"," Jared mocked him as he faked cried before laughing with the others that joined him, except for Paul. He was livid at Jared embarrassing him in front of everyone.

Ivanna walked towards him, but stumbled as she moved too fast and the dizziness hit her, which made all the guy's rush to her side to catch her if she fell, "I'm good guys, thank you." She slightly laughed as she was able to catch herself and regain her balance, so she didn't need their help.

Paul was on one side of her as Sam was on the other, she moved towards Paul and brought him into a hug, "Thanks, Paul. For caring." She smiled warmly as he wrapped his arms around her, holding onto her tightly, but not enough to where it would hurt her.

"Hey, I cared too!" Jared spoke up as he wasn't getting acknowledgment.

"Yeah, cared about what you next meal would be," she remarked with a teasing smirk, letting Paul go as she faced the younger boy.

"Whatever. You know smoking is bad for you, right? I can tell it's already affecting your voice." Jared pointed at his own throat up and down, making fun of her hoarse voice which made all the other guys start to throw things at him that were lying around the yard.

"Ow, stop! It was a joke!" Jared covered his head with his arms as he ran away from them, "Damnit, Embry, I said stop you fucker." The boys ended up chasing him off into the woods, leaving just Sam and Ivanna to laugh as they watched them.

"I'm happy to be here," she looked up at him with a gleaming smile, "thank you, Sam. For saving me."

He looked down at her, towering over her small frame as he wrapped his arms around her waist, "I'd do it again and again. Every day if you needed it."

She admired him, the way he said those words so gracefully and full of care, how his eyes held a deep sense of adoration when he looked at her. This man truly cared for her in a way that nobody would ever compare.

Ivanna wrapped her arms softly around his neck, her heart pounding in her chest as she didn't break away from his gaze. This was the first time she has ever been this really close to him and she never noticed before the small horizontal scar that went across the top of his forehead, and the way his eyes shone in the sunlight that made his dark brown eyes turn into a shade of cognac.