𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

☀︎

☀︎

"That day when you all were surrounding the black fog was when Alec told me. It was the reason why I kept myself locked up for a week away from you all," she grabbed Sam's hand as she looked up at him, "from you. And trust me, it hurt a lot, but I knew if I told you then you would all try and do something insane."

"Of course we would, Ivanna, you're our family. I mean hell you're basically going to be Sam's wife so then you'd definitely be married into the family." Jared threw a hand up towards them, upset that his friend chose to keep this hidden from them.

Sam lightly laughed, looking down to smile at Ivanna and see her reaction, she was blushing, but she also held a sense of sorrow behind her eyes. Ivanna wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of her life with Sam, but the future isn't promised.

"Thanks, Jared, that means a lot. And, I just want to say please don't treat me any differently, I didn't tell you guys because I wanted pity or for you to help me. I told you all because I didn't want to lie anymore or sneak off to see Carlisle every time something bad happened."

"It's okay, Ives. We understand." Sam wrapped his arm around her, rubbing his hand up and down on her arm comfortingly to reassure her he wasn't going anywhere.

"So, you're basically going to be the end of everything?" Quil asked as he bit into an apple, "Including us?"

"No."

"What do you mean no? You think you're going to be the one to stop the prophecy?" Leah asked with her arms crossed over her chest, feeling differently about Ivanna, now knowing that she was going to become one of her natural enemies, maybe something even worse, made her uneasy.

"Give it a rest, Leah." Embry warned her.

"No, I'm just curious," Leah stepped up to Ivanna, "You're supposed to take over every single coven for these Volturi people? Find the rest of the Children of The Moon and then possibly come for us next?"

"No, I wouldn't touch you guys, I promise. I would rather die than harm any one of you." Ivanna looked at all of them, seeing all their faces, Paul had a trouble look on his face, not knowing how to process this information, while Seth looked scared, not knowing what was to come in the future.

"Yeah? And we're what, just supposed to trust you? You're going to be a puppet for them, Ivanna. You don't get a choice."

"Leah, you need to back off," Sam warned her, stepping in front of Ivanna.

"No, I'm looking out for my family and she's a threat." She pointed towards the girl behind Sam with uncertainty in her eyes.