Chapter 5: Taehyung I

Jungkook said softly, "... His name is Kim Taehyung."

The name lingered between his lips and teeth, rolling on his tongue in a way that was incredibly unfamiliar.

In all the years they'd been together, he barely ever called that person by his name.

Whenever that person called, he always just answered in an impatient monotone. Every time he went back to that house, it was just for relieving his sexual desires— after all, under the current imperial law, he could only have sex with his partner- otherwise, it was illegal— and even then, that person's name still didn't matter to him. He usually didn't even need to say hello. After entering the door, he would just directly pull the person, who had just shown a surprised expression, to the bed.

After the hearty sex, he usually just slept contentedly and prepared for the next day's work or vacation. However, often the next morning, he would be awakened by the smell of that person cooking breakfast, which seemed to carry the fragrance of home... he didn't resent it.

That person tried his best to please him. For example, he deliberately sought recipes and materials from Ancient Earth and spent several times longer than the imperial Al to make food according to his liking - he had looked on before and only coldly thought that the man was probably making up for forcibly binding him after drugging himself. Even though the food satisfied him, he didn't bother to bestow any praise. He would usually go back to work when he was full and not give that person even the slightest shred of hope.

And now...

Knowing that the root cause was a misunderstanding, Jungkook couldn't help but feel a sense of panic in his heart.

Did that person explain...

His memory was excellent, and he quickly recalled the scene at that time.

The day after graduation night, he woke up in bed, with the rage of being betrayed and exploited completely controlling all his thoughts. He coldly scolded that person, who just lay there with a wooden face.

After hearing his accusation, the man only said softly, "No..."

He himself only sneered sarcastically, refusing to even look at him.

"If it's not you, who else would it be?"

His best friend looked at him in surprise for a while and hesitantly asked, "Jungkook, what's wrong with you?"
Jungkook regained his senses and realized how strange he was to others tonight.
"As if, something went wrong somewhere," He murmured, slightly at a loss.

Seeing him like this, his friend became even more puzzled. Just as he was about to speak, Jungkook abruptly stood up.

"I have to go back first."

He suddenly wanted to go back to where that person was.

It seemed that it had been a long time since the last time he went...

If it was a misunderstanding in the first place, then... that person, in any case, did not deserve to be treated like this, for... as long as ten long years.