11

"ONE MORE JOHNSON I KNOW YOU GOT IT IN YOU PULL IT OUT OF YOUR ASS IF YOU HAVE TO" I hear Naomi scream banging her hand against the machine

I go down once more with the weight on my shoulders. I feel my legs begin to shake but I push through standing up slowly but getting back up. I rack the weight and flop down onto the bench next to me.

Naomi is single-handedly the best hype woman out there.

"Nice job Lils, you just squatted one hundred pounds, that's pretty good for just starting out at the gym" She compliments me.

Outside of dance, she's a boxer here at the gym so she knows some stuff about this place.

I on the other hand step into the gym about once every 6 months. Okay fine, more like once a year.

I stand from my spot on the bench and walk over to the deadlift station.

Naomi follows, "You wanna go first so you can show me how to do this?" I say with a small laugh.

"Yeah sure," Naomi says walking over to grab some plates to put them on the bar.

She grabs her lifting belt out of her bag and straps it on. "Okay so when you're doing a deadlift it's very important to use a belt, you don't have to buy it though, you can use mine. You don't want to hurt your back" She explains putting the belt on.

She grabs onto the bar leaning down then slowly stands up with the bar then does a few reps.

"Whoah, you bitch! how in the world do you make it look so easy." I say shocked.

"Come on let's be real, I make everything look easy" She jokes moving out of the way handing me the belt so I can put it on.

I strap it on and then look back at her. She gives me two thumbs up with a hesitant smile.

I playfully shove her shoulder.

I hear a phone chime and see Naomi glance down at her phone.

"Hey, do you mind if I take this real quick? Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes." She asks.

"Yeah of course go ahead" I respond as she quickly walks into the bathroom with a smile on her face looking down at her phone.

I wonder if she's talking to that boy Dayton had mentioned a few days ago at lunch. Or if she's talking to Dayton.

I hyped myself a bit before walking over to the bar and went to pick it up but couldn't even get it to move.