Chapter 45

Peace woke up with a guaranteed massive headache, she slept on the floor. She searched for her phone to check the time, but she saw the time on the nightstand, it was 12:17 pm, "Shit! I've been sleeping". She went to the table to grab a bottle of water, but she became nauseous and rushed to the bathroom, she had a strong hangover. She came back feeling a little bit better. She cleaned up the room, picked the champagne bottles from the floor, and nicely made the bed. She then went to shower.

'I'm never drinking again.'

Minutes later she was at the reception wearing the darkest glasses to block the light, signing out. She had a suitcase full of clothes including the 'infamous' lingerie. She had not once switched on her phone, she did not have the energy to deal with her cheating boyfriend, excited friends wanting to know how it went, and her mother asking if she was okay. She dragged the suitcase out of the hotel and waited for her Uber. Once she got inside the Uber, she took a nap, she did not even care if she was going to be kidnapped, she was sick and tired.

She got in her room and dropped everything on the floor, went to the mirror, and she looked so messed up. She locked her door and throw herself on the bed. She did not want to think about anything, not about what she saw the previous day and how she was going to move forward from it. She wanted to block the world for a little while, she was definitely going through a heartbreak.

Knock! Knock!

She jumped up from the bed, "Peace, open this door, I know you're here!", Omuhle yelled from the other side. It was dark outside; she's been sleeping the whole day. She did not know the time, but it was late, she went to open it for her, "WTF! We've been calling you; do you know the time, we were worried", Peace was still trying to gain consciousness, "Omuhle please, I was tired", she still had a headache, "What fucking happened to your phone?", she poured a glass of water, "I don't know I just wanted to sleep", her voice was horsey, "That's selfish, we were worried,", she looked her in the eyes, "What's going on, Peace?", she seemed really worried. "Things did not go as planned", she went to sit on the chair, "I went alone to the hotel, we had a fight when I came to his house, so I did not tell him I booked a hotel room for us", she gave half-truth, "Was the fight so bad that you wouldn't be able to fix it there?", she shook her head, "I was no longer in the mood, Omu, I left him there and went to the hotel alone. That's why I switched off my phone, I did not want to explain all of this.", Omuhle rubbed her shoulders, "I'm sorry friend, his loss, but you guys are gonna work things out, he will have to take you out to pay for this", Peace offered a lazy smile.

After Omuhle's visit, she decided to switch on the phone, and a lot of messages and calls from 8 people. Her mother called 5 times; she had never called more than 2 times before. "Hi mama", she called her, "Peace, what happened to your phone? I called you last night and today, it went straight to voicemail, I even told your sisters to try calling you too", she sounded so worried, "I'm sorry mama, my battery died, and we lost power until now", she became calm, "Okay, how are you?" "I'm okay mama, how are you?" "I'm good now." They spoke for another 30 minutes before the airtime disconnected their call. She texted all her friends, explaining that it did not happen, and they fought but she did not want to talk about it yet. She received multiple calls from Tazz that of course, she ignored because she already knew what he wanted to talk about if it was not the suspect calling using his friend's phone.

She made a quick meal and started studying, without Akwande in the picture she had a lot of time to do schoolwork. By midnight, she wrapped up and went to sleep. Time for being sad had to end because she had to attend class tomorrow and she might see Akwande at school and she was not ready to talk to him. She did not know how she was going to act when she sees him.

~~~~

"Girl, you have no idea how happy I am that he did not come to class", they were leaving the lecture room, "I am really curious about what you guys fought about, you usually cannot wait to see him after your fights but this time you do not want to see him, why? You were in the wrong?", Rea asked, "No, it is just this one is our biggest fight I don't know whether we can come back from it", she explained, she did not want to tell Rea that he cheated because she had not made her mind whether she was going to leave him or stay and Peace had always advised Rea to leave Ndu's cheating ass.