Author Note

Hi there,

I've done the ONC for the past 3 years, and this year, I was genuinely going to sit it out and watch my friends have some fun. That was the plan. Yet, I fought and lost a serious battle with that infamous FOMO. Obviously. 😂

The fight with myself went something like this:

Me (to friends and myself): I don't think I'll do the ONC this year. I don't have the bandwidth to keep up with it and my Creator WIP (DEVI).

Also me (to myself, in secret): But ONC is so fun, and I'll be missing out!

Me (deep, deep down): Starts thinking about a sequel to my last year's ONC entry, The Exiles, because it was so fun to write. Then changes my mind and goes sci-fi route.

Me (days after prompts release): Cobbles up a patchy blurb.

Me (7 days of FOMO later): Typitty-taps away fixing the blurb and the prologue. 1400 words in, and I begin wondering, what if? What if I can do this?

So, as you can see, it was a losing battle from the beginning, and now that I'm here, I hope to go as far as the second mile before I run out of steam🤞. Wish me luck. (I will need it!)

DISCLAIMER: The world population is said to reach 9.8 billion by 2050, with roughly 83 million new people added each year. By 2100, it is predicted to peak at nearly 11 billion. In light of that knowledge, VIRULENT explores a dystopian world where desperate governments seek to rein in the numbers in order to lessen the intense load on resources spread thin.

For the purpose of this story, we will only refer to Earth as the planet, with fictitious countries and governments. The doomsday scenario this book explores is a world of fiction, written for the purpose of entertainment.

Any resemblance to people, places, locations, government, professions, institutions, cultures, and traditions is purely coincidental. No part of this book is to be copied, distributed, or used without strict consent from the author.

I do not consent to translation either.

Now that's done, let's have some fun.

❤️❤️ Eva