𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 was as expected

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 was as expected. Cold and barren, she would've laughed at the scene playing out in front of her if she wasn't so nervous.

There were two officers sitting across from her, an obvious role of good and bad cop brewing. When Laney saw the duo she instantly knew where this was going, it was almost comical watching the detectives try to get over on her.

"I got you a coke, you thirsty?"

Fingerprints.

"I don't drink soda." She hummed.

"Okay, I can grab you a cup of water, no problem."

Saliva, DNA.

"No thanks."

Eyes scanning over the officer, her previous thoughts were confirmed. This was obviously the nice cop. He almost looked like Evan Peters, with shaggy blonde hair and an adolescent-like face.

She watches as he clears his throat and leans back in his chair.

"You can cut the act."

This time his partner spoke, she was a lady probably 27 years old, and she had stark blonde hair and icy blue eyes. She was plainly trying to portray an intimidating persona, yet to Laney, she looked anything but intimidating.

"You're not smart, whatever you think you know and are trying to do, trust it won't work." She finished.

Laney let out an incredulous laugh, pulling her hands up in front of her and placing them on the table. She used her freed hands to push herself back making the chair lean backward slightly on the two hind legs.

"Yeah, I could say the same for you two as well, huh?"

"I wouldn't be a smartass if I were you," she snapped, "you do realize you could face life for what you did?"

"Mhmm," Laney hummed again, head tilting to the side. "And what was it that I did?"

She could see the irritation flash over "ms. bad cop's" eyes.

"You murdered five people, that's what you did, you little smartass."

"No, that's what you suspect I did, Genius"

"We know who you are."

"Yeah?" Laney sighed, letting her chair down and propping her elbows into the table. "Who am I?"

"Your family has a history of gang-affiliated crimes, they've seem to found a home in Rikers huh?"

The statement made Laney's eyes shoot up to the officer, "explain."

The jokey manner had now left her tone.

"Your uncle Vital-"

"Vital." She corrected, "Not Viy-tal, Vee-tal."