𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒊. The Final Supper

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

LYDIA WAS IN THE MIDST OF FIXING Aenora's hair when the chamber doors opened

"May I speak to my mother alone, Lydia?" Daemian asked.

Lydia looked at Aenora then back to Daemian, "Of course, my Prince."

Aenora turned to her son and gave him a warm smile. Daemian did not return the smile, but instead he looked to the ground.

"What is it, my love?" Aenora questioned.

She was hesitant to go to him. She was unsure if he was still upset with her, and didn't want to anger him. Out of all of her children, Daemian was the one with the shortest temper.

Even as a babe he was easily aggravated. But, he was also very protective, and territorial.

"Are you angry with me?" The boy asked.

Aenora furrowed her eyebrows, "Of course not. Why would I be angry with you?"

"Because I did not forgive you," Daemian said.

Aenora sat on the edge of her bed, "Come here."

Daemian did as he was told and went to sit next to his mother.

"You are entitled to your feelings, Daemian. You were angry because I left you, and it is understandable if you cannot forgive me." Aenora put her hand on his back. "But I could never be angry with you for it. I love you too much to feel any disdain towards you."

Daemian looked at her, searching her face for any indication of insincerity.

He found none.

"If I'm being honest, I don't think I was ever really angry with you. I just missed my mother," Daemian pressed his lips together.

"There was never a day that I didn't love you or miss you, my son." Aenora smiled softly at him. "You and your siblings are the best parts of me. Somehow you all got your fathers temper, though."

Daemian laughed, "when you disappeared we had to put up with his temper, I suppose it rubbed off on us. Gods, mother, he was a complete mess without you. Especially while Aedith was young."

"So I've heard," Aenora chuckled.

"You won't disappear again, right?" Daemian asked.

Aenora shook her head, "No. I'll soon have to fight for the kingdom. Even if I wanted to, I can't."

Daemian nodded.

Aenora abruptly turned to fully face her son, slightly startling him.

"Do you want to know a secret?" She beamed.