9. Blackmail

Isha

I stayed at home today as I promised Papa to buy a present for his friend's daughter and I had no work in the office either.

I attended an online conference call in the morning. 

It's 2 pm. and I am waiting for Abhigya to return home from her friend's so that we can go shopping. She wanted to buy some things for herself.

I got ready and wore a white polka long dress and waited for her.

After another hour she is not yet back. I tried calling her number but it's switched off. I started having a bad feeling. I called Abir and he came back in 15 minutes.

Abir called her friend and she said Abhigya left two hours ago. 

Now I started panicking. Abir calmed me down and tried calling Abhishek as we didn't want to stress the elders. When he didn't answer I tried calling bhai. He answered after three rings.

"Ha cheeku!"

"Bhai where are you?" I asked controlling my panic.

"Hyderabad. I'm here for the tie-up I said to you yesterday."

"Bhai Abhigya is not home yet! I tried calling her but her phone is off." I said. I can't hide it from him when I'm genuinely worried about her.

"It's okay calm down. I will come back immediately! Just inform Abhinav." He cut the call with that.

I tried calling him but no answer. I called him again but he's not picking it.

"Abir, let's go to his office," I said walking out.

We got into the car and drove to his office.

"Bhabi you go in and I will inform DSP uncle about Abhigya and join you," Abir said and I nodded.

I went in and walked towards his cabin. I bumped into a woman who was also going to his cabin.

"Sorry, I didn't see you! I am in a hurry." I apologized.

"Yes low-class people will forget looking down when they visit places like these." was her rude reply.

"Look miss whatever, I don't have time to entertain you. Now move!" I said and started walking again.

"Don't you dare open that cabin's door or you will regret it." She warned me.

This woman! But I don't have time for her with Abhigya's missing.  So I just ignored her and went in.

"Abhinav!" I called him. He was sitting on his chair with his hands in his hair.

"Did anyone teach you manners, Miss?" He asked without even sparing a glance.

But he did hear my voice so he knew it was me. I felt hurt!

"I told her not to enter Abhi." Came the most irritating voice.