11. Hurt

Isha

I woke up when the sun's rays started falling on my face. I was disturbed by the rays and opened my eyes to see Abhinav sleeping peacefully in my lap. Suddenly I remembered what he said last night. He said he was distracted by her. But who is her? I felt him getting disturbed by the rays. I kept my hand before his eyes to block the sunlight. He woke up anyway.

"Good morning!" I said again to get a stupid nod again.

This man never changes and why am I even wishing him daily? Well, that's my habit I guess.

I completed my morning routine and went down to help Dadi sa and our cook in the kitchen.

I made coffee for everyone and went to give it to everyone. I gave coffee to dada sa, dad and kaka. I asked Kaka about others when I didn't find anyone. He gestured towards our room.

I was standing at our door and was ready to go in when I heard my brother shouting.

"Where the hell were you? Why didn't you pick Isha's calls and what were you so busy with when she came to your office? Do you even realize how grave the situation was?" My bhai is yelling at his best friend.

"It's not bhai's mistake. Actually, she came to the office yesterday." Abhishek replied.

Again SHE? Who is she? Why they are not taking her name? Is she related to them? Is she related to Abhinav?

"What was she doing there?" Bhai asked with concern this time.

I went in after not getting any sounds for a minute.

"Coffee." I gave a cup to all of them. They are all having gloomy expressions on their faces.

"What's wrong with you all? And who is that 'She' you were talking about just now?" I asked.

"That's none of your business. It's my family matter. Stay out of it." Abhinav told in a cold tone.

His family? Am I not a part of his family? His words are hurting me more than I can express. How can he say that to me? Suddenly I remembered my doubts about that boy's intentions and turned to inform Bhai about it. But Bhai started shouting at Abhinav before I could open my mouth.

"You can't speak like that to my sister," Bhai said raising his tone.

"That's okay bhai. Leave it." I said. I want to inform him about that boy.

"Bhabi maa woh... "Abhishek tried to say something but I stopped him in the middle.

"Leave it, Abhishek," I said to him and turned to my brother again.

"I have something more important than this." I raised my doubts about what that jerk did in 1 and a half hours assuming he took half an hour to reach that place. Bhai nodded in understanding.

"I will find it out cheeku. I will find out about that jerk's intentions." Bhai said. 

"And bhai Abhigya, She is now a part of our family. She is going to become Abhisri Singh Raizadha soon. I don't want any jerk to plan something against my bhai's wife. Protect her bhai 'cause we Raizadha's treat our partners and their family as our family." I said the last part looking at Abhinav.

"I will Cheeku! It's a promise." Bhai said assuring me.

"I will go help in the kitchen. And bhai will you take me to the office with you?" I asked turning back from the door.

"Ofc Cheeku! Get ready. I will wait." Bhai replied.

I went out from there and ran into the shower to cry my heart out. After I was done crying I promised myself that I would not forgive him now. I took a bath again as I felt uneasy and changed into my work clothes.

I went down and was about to leave with Bhai when Dadi sa called me from behind

"Isha beta where are you going without having your breakfast?" Dadi sa asked in a stern voice.

I turned back with a crying face and showed her my puppy eyes.

"Dadi sa I am not hungry. I will eat later." I said in a low voice.

"No. Eat and go to your work." She ordered.

"Dadi please!" 

"No"

 I gave up and went to my seat stomping my feet and bhai followed the cue with one glare from dadi sa.

After we both were done eating Abhigya asked if she could join us and bhai agreed. Abir said he too wanted to join us and I agreed gladly.

We all left for our office.

Bhai took Abhigya with him and Abir stayed with me. He is enjoying the work and I am happy about it. 

It's almost evening and Abir came to me.

"Bhabi maa.." He called me showing his cute puppy eyes.

"Yes devar ji.." I replied to him in the same tone.

"I want help. No, actually a favor from you." He said.

"Favor? I thought we are family! And family doesn't ask for favors. " I said wiping the imaginary tears.

"Sorry, bhabi maa." He said holding his ears.

"Okay. Now say what do you want?" I asked.

"Can you hire me?" He asked leaving me in utter shock.

"You want to work here? I mean you should work with your bhai." I said unable to understand what he was implying.

"Who said I shouldn't work with my bhabi? And Abhishek bhai is helping bhai sa. I want to work with my bhabi." He said.

"Okay. You are hired Mr. Abir Singh Rathore! You are hired." I said faking professionalism.

"Thank you bhabi! You are the best!" He said hugging me.

I hugged him back and asked one of the employees to complete the formalities. I know I am not doing anything wrong by hiring him. He is capable and I am allowed to hire a few people in my department.

We left for home after that. We both got to our respective rooms to freshen up and tell the elders about Abir's decision after dinner.

 Everyone except Mr. Rude is present at the dining table. We are waiting for him to join us so that we can have our dinner. He came after some time and we had our dinner.

"Dada sa I joined Bhabhi's company," Abir said nervously oblivious to their reaction.

"That's great!" Dada sa and Dadi sa said together.

"I am happy that you are finally getting serious." Kaka sa said.

I didn't think they would accept their son working for their daughter-in-law so easily but I am happy.

"We are attending the wedding on Friday. So all of you clear your schedules for Friday night." Papa said.

We all nodded okay and left for our rooms. I took my quilt, and pillow and went to the couch. I don't want to share the bed with him after his words in the morning. I don't want to talk to him.