[7]

You waited for a response, an action, a gesture, anything. This time, you were the one watching him like a hawk. You wanted to know whether he wanted to get revenge with you or not. I mean, he had the skills. He was a fugitive and even made you, the Villainess, feel uneasy and fearful. 

To have someone like that on your side would surely be useful since you both were in similar situations.

Still staring like a hawk, you noticed that he was deep in thought. He was actually thinking hard about something.. But what could be taking so long? Was he actually enjoying this place?

After what felt like hours, Akuto looked back up at you and nodded. 

Seeing him give you a little nod gave you hope and this was the first time in a while you felt yourself getting emotional. But you told yourself you wouldn’t cry anymore, so you were able to control yourself from shedding a tear. You weren’t weak after all. 

Putting a determined smile on your face, you looked back at him and held up his hand. 

“If you betray me, I won’t hesitate to whoop your ass.” <3

Akuto only stared at you as if he hadn’t heard what you said. Maybe he was brushing off the fact that you had just literally threatened him right in his face. Oh, whatever..

You put his hands down and looked at his bedside table where the tray of food was currently residing. His food was now most likely cold which would be unpleasant to eat. Was it your fault this time? Even though you didn’t want to admit it, the answer was yes. You were that prevented him from eating

Suddenly, you both heard a few knocks on the door. You and Akuto both turned to the door exactly at the same time which you found slightly funny.

Looking at the old clock that was on the wall, you realized that it was about time to go to your cell. 

Getting up and walking towards the door, you already knew that it was the Head Maid that was at the door. She most likely wanted to tell you it was time for bed. 

Creaking open the door, instead of the Head Maid you were met by the annoying butler. He was back…

You scrunched up your face in disgust. What could he want at this hour?
“Is Akuto in there?”

“Yes, he is. I was also just leaving.”
Before you could push past him and leave the room, he blocked your pathway to freedom. 

“Actually, I will be escorting you both to the ballroom. I was told to bring you there at once.”

You sweatdropped at this. Who would be needing you of all people? And from the way the unnamed butler said it, someone higher than his status requested for you and Akuto to personally come to the ballroom. 

“Who requested for us to come?”
“I cannot say..”

After staring into space for a bit, you wondered about who it could have been. You thought about your sister, but it couldn’t have been her. She would have come to you personally if she wanted to tell you about something. She was also here a few hours ago, so what more could she tell you to bring your spirits down..?

Turning back into the room, you motioned for Akuto to come and walked out of the room. 

The whole way to the ballroom felt slow and comfortable. It felt nice to be on the other side of the castle since you haven’t been there in a while. The whole walk was quiet with the only source of sound being the three pairs of footsteps clicking on the floor. 

The maids and butlers were already in their dorms, so you didn’t have to worry about running into anyone you once knew. You only saw a few guards patrolling the area that didn’t pay you three any mind.