𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

♕

1X06, The Handmaiden's Tale

HEY UPPER EAST SIDERS, Gossip Girl here... Word has it that our very own Princess Bass has fallen in love. And she hasn't just fallen in love with anybody. The Princess has been getting cozy with the heir of the Hawthorne dynasty.

Dylan Hawthorne is a star basketball player and has offers from universities from all over the country. His dashing good looks couldn't be the only thing that caught our girl's attention. The blonde-haired all-star must have a way with words if he was able to pull Jasmine's nose away from the sheet music.

But all I can say is that I'm glad our very own Princess is stepping back out into the spotlight. It was getting a little dull around here without our prized Princess.

SOFT NOTES DANCED around the room. The brunette sat at the bench in front of the piano as her fingers commanded beautiful notes. Jasmine fell into her own world as her fingers graced the keys. Nothing else mattered to her in this very moment. The only thing that had her full attention was the sleek black piano in front of her.

The melody picked up in tempo. It changed from soft to something with a strict purpose. Jasmine was so in tune with the music she didn't notice that she had an audience. As the last note rang out a soft clap filled the silence.

Jasmine spun around to find Dylan leaning against her dresser.

"Dylan? What are you doing here?" Jasmine angeled her body to the Hawthorne boy.

She smiled up at him. She was happy to see him. She hadn't seen him in over a week because she had been busy with Blair's sleepover and they sort of broke Eric out of the pych ward. But Dylan had some workouts he had to do anyways and wasn't hurt over her being busy.

Dylan stepped toward the girl. He pulled out a long velvet box from his jacket. "I had something to give you." He offered her the box.

She gently took the box from his hands. Inside the box sat a diamond teardrop necklace along with a diamond tennis choker. She hesitantly ran a finger across the diamonds. Jasmine looked up at Dylan taken aback.

"We haven't been together that long. I... I-uh I didn't get you anything." Jasmine's words tumbled out of her mouth before she could process a single thought.

A deep chuckle sounded from Dylan. He stood in front of her and pinched her chin to tilt her head up. "I thought the necklace would go well with your mascarade dress. Nothing needs to be given in return." He then leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss against her lips. His hand then moved and cupped her cheek to deepen the kiss.