𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

2x15, Gone with the Will

WHEN MOST PEOPLE lose a parent, they inherit sorrow, loss, and a closet full of outdated clothes. But on the Upper East Side, death's sad chapter comes with a silver lining. Or a gold one, if your relatives invested wisely in precious metals.

TODAY WAS THE reading of Bart's will. Both Charles and Jasmine needed to be there. Charles wanted to go and claim his inheritance while Jasmine couldn't care less. She knew she'd have a massive influx of cash into her account by noon. Her father was Bart Bass so she'd already know what would be given to her. 

But here so she was getting dressed. She walked in front of her mirror as he tucked in her purple oversized surplice neck sweater into her short high-waisted black skirt. She let out a tired sigh as she looked at her reflection. 

Things had been better. Her and Charles ate at least one meal together a day. It was a way they could be present in each other's lives and be there for each other continuously. 

Jasmine's phone rang pulling her attention away from her reflection. She walked over to her dresser to see Dylan's name flashing across her screen. She sent him to voicemail and proceeded to grab a pair of heels that matched the color of her top. 

Dylan and Jasmine shared a sweet moment before she fled New York. And that's all it was. 

A moment. 

Jasmine didn't want Dylan like that anymore. She just wanted to distract herself and well he did the job.

She had promised to meet Charles downstairs before the reading. So she grabbed her fashionable black trench coat, slipped it on, and walked out the door. 

THE TWINS AND Jack sat in their father's old office as his lawyer sat across from them. Lily's lawyer was also here as her proxy because she couldn't attend. Blair and Nate were also here but they weren't allowed in the room.

"Now that we're all settled, please...let me express my deepest condolences. As Mrs. Bass is unable to be here today. Her interests are being represented by her counsel." Alexander Avery was the best attorney on the East Coast. It was no wonder he was Bart's lawyer. "Now Charles and Jasmine, your Uncle Jack Bass is your closest living relative and as such has been named your legal guardian. Are you both comfortable with this?"