Chapter 8~ I Should Talk to Him

Monday 13th of April 7:55 am

Hinata's Pov

My cheeks start to turn crimson as I spiked the sets that were sent to me by Haru.

My head was in the clouds, I kept thinking about what I should do. should I go talk to him? Should I wait for him to speak to me first? Mabey I should just ignore him. No, I can't ignore him forever!

"Hinata" "Oy Hinata!"

"huh, yeah?" I replied

"Are you ok? You have been spiking all the balls out." Remarked Haru

"Ah yeah sorry! Something has been on my mind, ill get my head in the game don't worry!" I acknowledged.

"Do you want to take a break?" He implied

"No no, I'm fine! let's carry on"

A few moments later, we decided to have a 4V4 match.

Me, Oikawa, Yamaguchi, and this other guy called kai who was in the volleyball team Vs Kuroo, Tsukishima, Haru, and Kageyama

Yes, it was not fair because they had two really good blockers on their team but it was ok because Oikawa was a really good setter.

We tried to get Suga to play but he just wanted to go study for an upcoming exam that Kuroo and Haru should be revising for to. But instead, they're playing volleyball. How can I blame them? Volleyball over everything!

I stand at the back of the court as I look at the opposing team, staring right back at us.

I don't remember the last time I played against Kageyama. He was always on my team. He would always set for me, well that was the promise we made.

I guess things can change over time.

The whistle blew and Kai was getting ready to serve the ball.

"Get us a point, Kai!" Shouted Yamaguchi

And up goes the ball.

Time Skip

We played three sets and only took one of them, sadly. I couldn't blame them, they have been playing together for ages. I'll just have to slowly get used to playing with this new team.

I looked over at Kageyama, he was smiling. A warm nostalgic feeling hit me. I missed this feeling. I missed seeing Kageyama so happy when we won matches. Now it will never be the same, all because of me...

It was 9:30 and my first class starts soon.

I head to the shower room to get washed up before I go to class. I feel so sweaty after playing those games.

After I got ready I started walking around campus for a bit. I still had about 15 minutes until class started, but I knew that it might take me a while to find the class.

As I was approaching a big gray building, when I saw Kageyama walking toward it.

This was my chance I thought.

I run forwards a bit and shout "Ka..." I stop. No, I can't do it

I gulp and look for someone to help me find my class.

I enter the classroom and my heart drops. I realize that Kageyama is also my classmate. This is just getting too embarrassing.

I find a seat that is far from him and sit down. I place my bag on the dark brown carpet and look around to see if he can see me from where he is.

I tilted my head back slightly and noticed that he was gazing at me with an unreadable expression. We lock eyes for a few seconds, but I got too nervous and looked away first.

I look back at Kageyama to see if he's still staring at me, but he isn't anymore. He's busy talking to the guy next to him.

I turn back to the front and sigh in relief.

I need to talk to him.

.

.

.

.

After class ended, I took a stroll outside and sat on a bench.

I should find him.

I run to the cafeteria and search for Kageyama. I can't see him anywhere. Then I go to the gym to see if he's there. I still can see him. Finally, I went to the field. There was a high chance that he wouldn't be there but I looked anyway.

I walked along the grass and saw a blueberry-haired boy playing with a volleyball. He's still the same as always, practicing with a volleyball, even during breaks.

I was about to call out his name "Hey Kage-"

"Hinata!" Said a voice behind me

I stopped and turned to see a green-haired boy in front of me.

"I was looking everywhere for you!"

I picked up my smile and nodded at Yamaguchi, signaling him to carry on talking. From the corner of my eye, I noticed that Kageyama was looking in our direction. I think he heard me, trying to call his name. but I just ignored it.

"I was on a call with Yachi yesterday, and we wanted to have a group meet-up, now that you are back." Explained Yamaguchi "Tsukki agreed but now I just need to find out if you and Kageyama can make it?"

I nodded my head and replied "Yes of course! What day?"

"We were thinking tomorrow after school, or is that too sudden?"

"No, I can probably make it."

"That's great! I'll let Yachi Know"

Yamaguchi grins and I smile back at him

"I'm going to go talk to Kageyama now, I'll see you later!" Waved Yams

Well, I guess I can't talk to him anymore, I've lost my confidence anyway.

I'll try maybe tomorrow or the day after, or the day after that, or next week.

Ahhghhh I'm so scared

That's the end of chapter 8 and do not worry! They will probably communicate in the next chapter! Mabey...

Thank you for reading!

960 Words