Chapter Four

KATNISS STORMED INTO THE TRAINING ROOM, CAUSING GLIMMER TO MISS HER TARGET AND NEARLY SPEAR MARVEL WITH THE ARROW. "Jesus fuck!" Marvel shouted, "Glimmer you could've taken out my eye!"

"Sorry!" The pregnant blonde called out with a grimace. She let the bow fall to the floor as she ran to Marvel. Marvel, being the dramatic asshole he is, held his arm in mocked pain.

"You could've killed me, Glim."

"I'm a bad shot and you know it," Glimmer huffed. She looked at his arm. "Your arm isn't even cut. Stop being a drama queen."

"Can I get a kiss to make it all better anyway?" Marvel's tone was cheeky. Glimmer shook her head and walked away causing him to chase after her.

Wren chuckled to herself as she watched the entire situation unfold. It ended with Glimmer dragging Marvel out by his ear. And before she knew it, Katniss was in front of her in a flash.

"I need to talk to you," said the Mockingjay.

"Sure, Sparky," Wren said. "What's up?"

"I need to talk to you alone."

Wren's eyebrows shot up, "Why-" Katniss grabbed her upper arm and dragged her out of the room quickly. "Hey!"

Katniss rounded the corner with Wren still in her grasp. Wren tried to push Katniss's hands away until suddenly she let go.

"What the fu-"

Katniss covered Wren's mouth which caused the girl to be confused more so than before. "Shh," Katniss told her, "I don't know if they're watching."

"Who's watching?" Wren whispered.

"Thirteen."

Wren stayed silent until Katniss spoke again.

"I need to talk to you about Peeta. We need to save him."

"President Coin already has a plan for that," Wren informed her.

"And what's that? Leave him to die there?" Katniss snapped.

"No," Wren stepped forward, "Marvel, Clove, and I are going to break into the sewer systems underneath the Capitol and bust him out. We've got a team; it's full-proof. You'll distract the country with the broadcast and we sneak in, get him out, and bring him home to you."

"Why?" Katniss asked, her eyes moving as if she was running through the steps of the plan herself. "Why do that for me?"

"You'd do it for me- or at least I'd like to think you would," Wren told her. She raised her hand to rest it on Katniss's shoulder. Katniss's eyes caught sight of a deep blue diamond on Wren's fourth finger.

"Oh," Katniss mumbled still looking at the ring. Wren moved her hand up to show her more of it.

"I don't know how he got it," Wren told her, "but I love it."

Both girls stood in silence admiring the ring. Admiring the hope found within the sea of chaos.

"I never would've thought the Games could bring anyone together," Katniss admitted. "I know Peeta and I were faking it, but you and Cato? That's real."

"I don't think you're faking it now," said the taller brunette. "Actually, I think you stopped the second Peeta volunteered for Haymitch. And I think Peeta stopped once you saved him."

"Really? You think it's real?"

"It doesn't matter if I think it's real. It matters if you do."

...