Part 6

Flashback:

Nex day after their initial meeting.. During lunch time Arnav was having lunch all by himsel like every other day, suddenly Khushi came and smiled at him like her usual self, 'Hii..'

He looked at her and smiled back.. She pointed to the chair beside him and he moved the chair with his one hand and said, ' please have a seat..'

Seating there she asked,' why do have your lunch alone always?? '

' I don't have many friends and I prefer having my food alone..' Arnav answered..

'Oh.. I am sorry, I thought to give you company.. if you like having your food alone only than I am leaving..' saying that she was about to get up but
Arnav hurriedly said, ' No please.. please seat.. '

Khushi giggled and said, ' I knew, you will stop me because no one can resists my company..'

Arnav smiled at the crazy girl, who is full of herself...

Khushi hits her palm to her forehead.. ' look at me, I totally forgot.. '

'What?? ' he asked narrowing his eyes..

'Wait a minute, I will be back.. ' she ran to her usual table and came back with her backpack, taking out the lunch box, she showed it to him..

' My mom made Jalebi for me, you know Jalebi is my favorite dessert and as you are also Indian I thought you will love it too.. '

He broke a smallest piece and ate it..' hmm.. it's nice.. thank you.. '

' You just had the tiniest bite possible, have a full one please.. '

' No..thanks..' Arnav moved his head negatively too..

' Oh my God.. you are like those stupid kids right?? Who arrogantly said, I don't like Indian food,they are oily and keeps eating jumbo cheese burgers and fries all day, as if those are the healthiest food ever..' she twisted her mouth..

Arnav chuckled, he doesn't remember when last time he smiled like that cluelessly...' It's nothing like that..Indian food is my favorite..my mother used to make most delicious Indian food..'

' Used to?? she doesn't make any more.. ' Khushi asked taking a bite of Jalebi..

'She is no more.. she and my dad passed away more than a year ago..'

' ohh.. I am sorry, I didn't know.. ' she holds his palm and rubs it..

' it's all cool.. ' Arnav smiled a little..

' Do you want to talk about it..' she asked softly..

After a long time Arnav felt like to open up to someone, for some reason this unknown yet known girl is giving him a calming vibes...' They died due to a plan crush..'

She rubbed his hand more and he continued, ' we used to live in San Francisco but after their demises, we got to know my dad was going through a lot of crises in his business, we had to sell our home and give away his business, than me and my sister moved here with our Mama ji..'

' it must have been hard na??' She said gulping the lump in her throat..

' Yeah.. it is, you know I was supposed to graduate last year but I missed a year of school due to all this and I think though I have very good grades, Harvard will not take me because of this missing year.. it's my dream school..'

Khushi sighed, there were thin lines of water in her eyes, which will come out any moment..

Arnav looked at her with little concern and said, ' Khushi please don't cry.. you know everyone will think I'm breaking up with you and that's why you are crying.. please don't..'