Part 21

Khushi stood in front of her closet, her fingers tracing the fabric of her dresses as she was thinking what to wear for her date with Arnav..

Khushi couldn't help but feel a flutter of excitement mingled with nervousness... She felt like a teenager going on a date for the first time; well, teeny age Khushi dreamt about this a lot, a date with the love of her life, her Arnav, but due to circumstances, she gave up on her dream long ago... She never imagined this dream would ever come true, maybe it's correct... What belongs to you always finds a way to you, and her broken heart, which started dreaming again, wants to believe they belong together...

After yesterday's unexpected turn of events, they had decided to give their relationship a chance... She deliberately avoided talking about their past, and he didn't pursue her; she knew he wanted to ask some questions, but she was just not ready to answer anything yet...

As she sifted through her wardrobe, memories of their teenage years flooded her mind... Those innocent moments, adolescent love, playful banter, some crazy hormones tainted by the weight of tragedy... A tragedy she can't forget even if she wants to; sometimes, she wonders if she hadn't been pregnant at that time how her life would be now... How her equation would have been, with her father even with Arnav for the instance..

She was drowning in those thoughts but immediately brushed those off with a resolve that she would focus on the present and future for now... A beautiful present with her love... Khushi selected a simple yet elegant white dress shirt with dark blue jeans; wearing her black boots, she covered herself with a heavy leather jacket... Though spring is knocking on the door, New York's still pretty cold..

With one last glance in the mirror, she took a deep breath.. At precisely 5 p.m., the doorbell rang, announcing Arnav's arrival.. Khushi's heart leaped with anticipation as she made her way to the door, her steps echoing the rhythm of her fast heartbeats..

As she opened the door, Arnav stood before her, wearing a white tee, blue jeans and dark blue heavy coat.. She chuckled seeing their matching attire..

'Hi...' He greeted her with his husky voice and smiled at her..

'Hii..' She replied with a crispy smile...

His eyes were alight with warmth and affection.. 'Wow, it looks like great minds think alike.. ' He pointed toward their clothes and chuckled..

She nodded.. Arnav extended his hand in front of her, silently inviting her to hold it... With a tender smile, she placed her hand in his.. When they walked past his car, Khushi was surprised, and she looked at him questioningly, but he didn't say anything.. They continued walking together down the bustling street, hand in hand.. Khushi was super surprised when they stopped in front of her nearby Dunkin' Donuts..

'Dunkin??? Really?!?!...' She asked raising her eyebrows..

He guided her towards the store and said in a severe manner, 'I want to check if they still sell their iced coffee for 99 cents..'

Khushi shook her head negatively and said with little emotion, 'You remembered..'

Arnav nodded, his gaze softening as he remembered their first awkward conversations and stolen glances... 'How could I forget?....' he replied, a smile tugging at his lips..

'But I thought it's a date, and you will take me somewhere fancy, will try to impress me.. Here you are trying to fed me ice coffee..' She said with mischief..

'Well its still a date and the Khushi I used to know was so fond of ice coffee..Madam agar ladki saste mei pat rahi hai to kharcha keu karna (Madam if the girls get impressed in low coast, why should one spend money)..' He said with a stern face..