Chapter 112

"???" The blue brocade bag embroidered with a beautiful floral pattern felt almost weightless on Meng Qi's hand. Out of habit, she poured a bit of aura to see the contents of the bag, and then—

"Su Junmo!" Meng Qi gasped in shock. There were nine hundred profound-grade spirit stones in the bag! It was not a small amount of wealth by any standard. She had previously taken 2000 profound-grade spirit stones from the Xue clan and used a handful of them during the Grand Tournament, but there were still more than 1900 left.

Nine hundred profound-grade spirit stones — placed in any sect in Three Thousand Worlds, it was not a small number. The inhabitants of Three Thousand Worlds only used lower-grade spirit stones for their daily lives, and those of the ninth grade and above were scarcely seen outside special occasions such as Beyond The Heaven's invitation-only auctions. Even a prestigious clan like the Xue Clan or a large sect like Fentian Palace wouldn't treat profound-grade spirit stones lightly.

"Su Junmo." Meng Qi threw the bag back to him, "You shouldn't do this." She paused and explained, "You guys came here to rescue me, so your poisoning is basically my responsibility."

"But..." Su Junmo frowned.

Meng Qi waved her hand, "Even if you are not coming for me, since we are venturing as a group into such a dangerous place as Starfallen Sea, it is just a given that we supported each other unconditionally. As a medical cultivator, it's my role to treat whoever gets injured in our team."

"..." Su Junmo's hands holding the bag slowly lowered, but his grip tightened. He understood what Meng Qi wanted to convey, but he meant it differently. This matter was no longer about spirit stones, alright!

Su Junmo raised his eyes and met Meng Qi's gaze. The blue-robed young girl was as calm as usual. Her bright eyes were scanning her surrounding attentively, maintaining a state of high alertness. This was how Meng Qi was; she always knew what she was doing and what she wanted — Su Junmo thought in a daze. He lowered his head again, staring into the brocade bag in his hands for a moment. Moments later, the corners of his lips suddenly raised. "Meng Qi," he strode towards her.

"Huh?" Meng Qi turned in his direction.

"Since I've given it to you, you must accept!" Su Junmo forcefully shoved the bag toward her. For a brief moment, their hands made contact. Meng Qi's skin was smooth, her fingertips were slightly cool, and they seemed to bring a faint medicinal fragrance — very soft and nice to touch...

Su Junmo's heart suddenly jumped, and he hurriedly let go of Meng Qi's hand, as if it was a hot iron. "Take them, take them all!" He said, "I don't lack spirit stones anyway."

Meng Qi: "..."

She felt offended!

Chu Tianfeng and Qin Xiumo exchanged another glance and saw similar thoughts in each other's eyes: Really another one?!

Even Su Junmo?!

Exactly how many people have been saved by Meng Qi?!

"Meng Qi." Qin Xiumo suddenly opened his mouth, "Just accept it. Su Junmo isn't so poor that he will go bankrupt paying you."

"This guy's right." Chu Tianfeng quickly chimed in, "Didn't you use the precious fiery eagle's blood on him? And that zilan lotus is not something mere money can buy. Accept the payment! You can use it to buy more medicinal materials."

"Meng Qi." Xue Chengxuan smiled, "Just accept it." After a slight pause, he said again, "The Medical Society Alliance, including the twelve medical sects, preach that medical cultivators must not aim for money when providing medical service for others. However, we still have to accept a proper remuneration."