¹¹CHARLES MILLER

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓
Chapter Eleven||Charles Miller
"You seem to love the word insufferable Delia, I think you need to find a new word to describe me."

☆

     It was a very tense breakfast, Jo was still mad at Amy and kept moving away from her whenever she tried to sit beside her. "Pass the butter please," Jo spoke, addressing Cora. The butter was actually nearer to Amy. "Here you go," Amy said quickly, picking up the butter before Cora could and handing it to Jo, who just ignored her. "I asked Cora."

     "I truly am sorry Jo-" Amy started before getting cut off by Cora. "I say, shouldn't Laurie be here soon?"

     "He said half ten," Jo shrugged, "It's only a few minutes after."

     Soon after, Laurie burst open the back door and greeted everyone in a rush, upon his face a big grin.

     "Good morning ladies! It's brisk and brilliant, and I think the last day for the river - get your ice skates!"

     Jo sprung up from her seat and rushed to get her skates, "Go down! I'll be right there!" She shouted to Laurie, who was glancing at Cora. "Will you be joining us today?" He questioned with a hopeful look. This look was soon diminished when Cora shook her head, "I need to be at the studio soon."

     From upstairs, Cora could distinctly hear Jo shout, "Spoil sport!"

     Laurie nods in response and heads out the front door, and just in time, Jo comes barrelling down the stairs. "Are you sure you don't want to come, Cora?" She asked. Smiling at her sister, Cora shook her head and got up from her seat about to go to her room, "I'm sure." And with that she raced up the stairs to go get ready.

     A few minutes later, Cora returned downstairs with her coat on and bid goodbye to her sisters. Thereafter, she started making her way to the dance school, dreading the prospect of seeing Charles Miller once again. In her mind, he was just really insufferable. How on earth Laurie became friends with him, she would never know.

     Stepping into the dance studio, the first thing she noticed was the devil himself. Hearing the door open, the devil, also known as Charles Miller, snapped around to look at the newcomer. When he noticed it was Cora, he bounded up to her with a big smile upon his face.

     "How lovely it is to see you again so soon my dear Delia," He smiled, "Madame Everly said we should start practising our parts today."

     Scoffing, Cora pushed past him, "There is no part." Smirking, Charles followed after her, "I suggest you go check the cast list of the performance then." So full of himself, Cora thought. Gasping, Cora turned around to face him, "She put it up?" "Yes, did you not know?" In response, Cora rolled her eyes, rushed to see the list.