¹³DANCES AND GAMES

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍
Chapter Thirteen||Dances And Games
"I applaud your newfound dedication to not step on my feet Miller."

  "𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄?" Cora exclaimed with a gasp after hearing Laurie's confession. "I just do not," Laurie laughed, amused by Cora's appalled expression. "I have never been taught," he elaborated, realizing that his explanation fell short of providing enough context for Cora to understand his situation.

     They were alone at the march household that day, since marmee, jo, Amy, Beth and meg had gone out to run some errands. Cora decoded to stay behind as she was feeling quite lazy and Laurie decided to pop over and give her company. 

     Cora tilted her head, her curiosity piqued. "Well, we can fix that! I'll teach you how to dance," she offered with a mischievous grin. standing up she walked over to where Laurie was sat and held her hand out for him to take.

     Laurie's eyes widened, a mix of sheepishness and nervousness. "Are you sure? I might step on your toes," he replied, hesitant but intrigued by the idea.

     Cora waved off his concern. "Don't worry about that. We'll take it slow, and I promise I won't hold it against you if you do."

     Laurie mustered up his courage and took Cora's outstretched hand in his own. his heart raced as he reached out and took Cora's hand, feeling a rush of excitement and nervousness all at once. He tried to steady his breathing, hoping to calm the fluttering sensation in his chest. Cora's hand felt warm and comforting in his, and he couldn't help but smile at the connection they were forming.

    Cora laughed, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm. "That's the spirit Laurie!"

     Laurie's heart raced as Cora took the lead, guiding him through the dance steps with patience and a hint of amusement. She placed her hands gently on his waist, and Laurie nervously mirrored her movements, trying his best not to step on her toes.

    Laurie attempted to mimic her, his arms feeling awkward and out of place. "Like this?" he asked, unsure.

     Cora chuckled softly. "Close, but relax your shoulders a bit more."

    Their dance became a delightful mix of twirls, spins, and improvised moves. They let the music guide their bodies, losing themselves in the joy of movement and the shared experience.

     Hours flew by as they danced and laughed, creating memories that would last a lifetime. By the end of the night, Laurie had not only 'learned' how to dance but had also discovered a newfound confidence and a deeper connection with Cora.

     As they caught their breath, Cora beamed at Laurie. "See? I knew you had it in you! You're a natural dancer now!"

    "I wouldn't go that far," Laurie chuckled, "you're definitely more graceful than I am."

     "well that's because I have had more practice than you," Cora smiled letting go off lauries hand which left her hand feeling a bit bare and colder than before.

     looking out of the window Laurie realised it was getting quite late and said his goodbyes to Cora before exiting the house. 

     "Well, well, it seems our dear Laurie has quite the dance moves. Who knew he was hiding such talents?" she commented sarcastically.