Chapter 10

Lauren's POV

I had drowned myself in John Mayer jams for twenty minutes, but the sound of laughter had somehow peaked through my earphones. I turned off my music and ran down the stairs to see what was going on.

To my surprise, everyone was still here. I was unnoticed at the end of the stairs, so I decided to go to the kitchen and grab a snack. Just as I opened the fridge, the power had suddenly cut out. I could barely navigate my way out of the kitchen without constantly bumping into chairs.

I made my way to the living room where everyone else had been, still I was unnoticed. They had a small candle that stood in the middle of the table, it brightened up the room. I looked over at the couch to see Camila fast asleep, and Dinah and Ally were still on my laptop. My parents seemed to be playing heads up with Chris. Austin was on the couch opposite from Camila, on his phone. And Taylor was still no where to be seen. My only thought would be that she's asleep in her room.

I glanced at Camila, I saw her begin to shiver in her sleep. "Um do you mind if I borrow your phone for light for a second? Sorry I just need to run up to my room and get something?" I asked Austin who was sitting below me, he jumped a little at my sudden appearance, but nodded and handed me his phone. I gave a soft smile and turned on the flash jogging up the stairs.

I opened my room door and went straight to my closet, looking for a spare blanket. I found the perfect dinosaur blanket I used to be in love with when I was younger. I didn't bother touching it once I reached the fifth grade. But now that I looked back at the memories, it was dumb of me to think a blanket determined my maturity.

I ran my fingers through the small blanket, gripping onto Austin's phone with my hand. Just as I was about to pick up the blanket, the phone buzzed to indicate that Austin got a message.

My eyes just happened to wonder on the screen, and I couldn't believe what I was reading:

Carter: here's an idea, you can take Camila home after the storm once you get away from lesbian Lauren, then treat her with a night she'll never forget. Sex works wonders, take my word for it.

I felt my blood boil at the message that popped up, but I knew that I had to pretend like I didn't read it. For Camila's sake. I wouldn't let Austin even touch her, but the thought of someone taking advantage of someone like that, especially Camila, had gotten me beyond angry.

I turned off the phone, making sure the flashlight was still on, and made my way down the stairs with the blanket. Once I got back to the living room, I immediately noticed Austin patiently waiting for his phone back. I walked over to him, handing him his phone back and giving a small smile, "thank you." I couldn't believe my eyes when I had saw him smile back and nod.

I walked over to Camila who was still dozed off in her sleep, and I laid the blanket over her. I sat down next to the couch she laid on, and admired her in her sleep.

My thoughts were cut off when the power had finally turned back on, I peaked out the window hoping the rain had stopped, however it had been just as bad as it was before.

"Lauren, I'm glad to see you're finally down here." I immediately turned around as I heard my name. I saw Camila smile softly and rub away the sleep from her eyes. She looked absolutely beautiful after she had awaken from her sleep.

"I'm glad that I came down." I answered as I sat next to her on the couch and placed my hand on top of hers. We looked at each other. Her beautiful brown eyes sparkled as we had slight contact, and I couldn't believe how amazingly comfortable I felt staring into them.

"Anyone up for a game of truth or dare?" Chris announced excitedly as I had seen my parents disappear upstairs and Taylor jogging down the stairs. She looked like she had just woken up, I had to admit that I was glad she finally came down.