11

Daniel's pov

"I... I got lost..." The crying bag muttered sadly, still pouting but not yet crying.
I went to tease him more, but his brother spoke up, "Obviously, it was my brother's mistake, but he didn't force you or your mother to do anything, so don't bully him!" he half yelled in a tone similar to mum when she lectured the new dead fools.
"I wasn't bullying the dummy," I defended myself before turning away and muttering to no one in particular, "I just wanted to tease him."
"If he doesn't like it and makes that clear but you continue to do it anyway, that's bullying, pipsqueak," the older boy said whilst rolling his eyes.
"What! I... I didn't know that, I wasn't trying to bully the crying bag... I just wanted to tease him because... *cough!* he's cute *cough!*," I replied with my voice just louder than a whisper as I muttered out the last few sentences as my face got hot.

The shame was burning, so I refused to let the two trouble-making brothers see my face that was now crimson in colour!

It was the first time I'd met anyone else my own age for as long as I can remember. For most of my life, my memories only contain me and mum, so how was I meant to know that! I don't wanna be a bully. Mum's always said bullies are bad people, and I want to be good like the heroes and heroines in my books.

"I'm sorry..." I muttered, still facing away from the crying bag and his annoying brother.
"What did you just say?" The annoying oldie said with a grating tone of voice.
It struck a nerve, and I turned to face him before yelling, "I said sorry!" Then I promptly made my escape, running away from them both. I couldn't stop the tears in my eyes, so I tried wiping them away with my sleeve so no one would see.

I don't know where I was going. I just let my legs carry me away as fast as possible. The city had never been a scary place to me, even with all the stupid dead guys wandering around because mum seems to have left a lasting impression and they've never tried to mess with me which resulted in me running until I was lost without worry until it was too late.

"W-where am I?" I sniffed as I wiped my eyes again with my sleeves, which were now sporting sizeable wet patches from being used to wipe my tears.

It wasn't until that moment I realised i was lost. Looking around, I couldn't find any semblance of familiarity. The buildings all looked the same, run down and crumbling. This must be the other side of the city, which mum never takes me to. After all, she has no real reason to. Suddenly, I noticed a small figure with black fluffy hair and red rimmed grape eyes panting at the corner of the street maybe 5 meters away.

"What are you doing here stupid!" I yelled as I tried to hide the sound of sobbing still in my voice by being loud.
"You, you suddenly ran away, and... I was worried..." he said with his soft voice that reminded me of the stuffing in a plushy.

Looking at him, I couldn't help being reminded of a black bunny teddy I had from last year. It's my favourite toy, and I sleep with it every night, maybe that's why I can't help but think the crying bag is cute?

I trotted over to him, putting on an indifferent face, not realising my eyes were still puffy and red from crying or that my nose was equally rosy. It must've been a funny sight since the stupid crying bag started to giggle when he saw me, which only made me feel worse, and I felt my ears grow hot as they flushed from shame.

What I didn't expect was for the stupid crying bag to not be the one crying but for it to have been me. I hadn't realised my eyes were getting teary until the bunny like boy wiped the tears from my eyes with his soft hands and hugged me. I felt my ears grow hotter, and the heat spread to my neck and cheeks. With a fully red face, I just hugged the crying bag so he couldn't see my flushed appearance.

That's when I noticed the zombies were beginning to gather around us. That's not good! I know they won't hurt me, but they might hurt Aiko, I can't let that happen!

In a moment of pure instinct, I picked Aiko up and bolted. I could only remember running earlier, so I placed my bets, picked a direction, and ran in hopes of finding Mam soon, because I only know the crying bag will definitely be safe once mam's around.

Hanna's pov

Before I knew it, I heard Danny yell, 'I said sorry', then he ran off crying then moments later Aiko escaped his brothers arms and ran after him. Great! I just lost two ten year olds in a zombie infested city and I can't even split up to look for them because the only one who could help me look might get eaten by zombies before he has a chance to find them.

"Follow me," I said with a cold and serious voice as the desperate nature of the current situation chilled my blood and left no time for politeness.

The boy didn't resist likely feeling the same dread and anxiety I felt if not more strongly since, unlike my Danny, his little brother hasn't grown up watching the zombies quiver in fear and hide from sight wherever he went. If the situation wasn't so tense, I may have wondered what the three had been talking about whilst I was stuck in my own head that could lead to such a dangerous search.

------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

I'm so sorry about the lack of updates, I honestly just got distracted midway through writing this chapter because I found a really good book and I ended up spending all my free time reading rather than finishing the chapter. I can't promise it won't happen again as I'm too aware of my flaws. I can only say I'm sorry!