→ 𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐋

.

ACT III
CHAPTER XL

the waiting game

THANA AND JOHANNA, the two young women spending every waking moment together as soon as their district partners left for home

THANA AND JOHANNA, the two young women spending every waking moment together as soon as their district partners left for home. From the trainings building where they slept to the fancy expensive building, they had to watch the games in. The two had become quite bored of it, sure things were happening in the arena, but if you must watch it every day while doing nothing, it sets you on edge. Especially when the thing the whole capitol wants to see are two awkward teenagers, they call the star-crossed lovers. Districts 12 strategy still blooming further into the arena. Even when it seems they despise each other, seeing as the boy is with the careers and the girl has just been cornered by them.

"I swear these people here want to see those two having sex or something." Johanna remarks as once again the screens show shots of just the tributes from district 12.

"Oh, I am sure they will try to make that happen," Thana gives Johanna a smile, "the capitol would go crazy for that while they violate the privacy of two minors."

"That for sure yeah," Johanna nods slowly, sipping from her coffee. "I am happy that you are not pushed into that position yet, you know where your privacy and so much more gets violated." Johanna smiles sadly trying to push back memories.

"You and me both," Thana squeezes Johanna's hand, giving a soft smile. "My heart and soul will forever be thankful it hasn't happened yet." Thana looks around before whispering, "I am always here for you, okay?"

"I know," Johanna smiles, "that is why I like you so much, why I let you in and like to spend so much time with you."

"I love our moments together," Thana agrees, "I really like how easily we talk about everything. You are my best friend, and I will always accept you."

"You know, I broke my rules for you," Johanna muses.

Thana raises her eyebrows, "rules?" She asks unsure of what her friend means.

"I promised after I lost my family that I would never let anyone get close to me or get close to them," Johanna raises her eyes to meet Thana's. "Obviously I let you in," she smiles sadly.

"I am so sorry for your past," Thana sips from her herbal tea, "but I am glad that we got to know each other."

...

"Finnick lasts tribute is gone," Johanna announces as they walk into the building again, "she fell because of tracker jackers."

"Tracker jacker, huh," Thana looks at her friend, "that isn't a nice way to go. Who did it?"

"The girl from 12," Johanna says, leading them towards a seating place, "she's receiving help from the girl from 11 now and the boy from 12 has disappeared."