22.

A month later...

Tuesday | 8:57 p.m.
October 8, 2019

Antoinette "Ann" Mackey"What I don't understand is why they didn't just leave the moment the ass— I mean butt whooping started," Karla said as me, her, and Shyanne watched Home Alone

"What I don't understand is why they didn't just leave the moment the ass— I mean butt whooping started," Karla said as me, her, and Shyanne watched Home Alone. We'd decided to have a movie night for Shyanne and were awaiting Emil's return. We'd ordered pizza and he'd headed out to pick it up along with some ice cream.

He was out on suspension since Shiloh had filed a complaint against him. I felt responsible for even opening my mouth about Shiloh being involved with Charmaine. If I hadn't Emil wouldn't have brought Shiloh in and Shiloh wouldn't have put on an Oscar-worthy performance according to Emil. I should've kept what I knew to myself. Shiloh had been right about dragging myself down along with him if I ever opened my mouth about what he'd been involved in. I'd kept my mouth shut about the robberies. After all, I'd only be incriminating myself because I'd known about it and didn't turn him in. I thought for sure if I got him thrown in prison for murder I'd have at least some relief.

I was so angry when I'd found out Charmaine had been pregnant that I spilled everything about the affair and the sex tape. I was so fucking angry that I didn't think straight enough that they would've also looked at me as a person of interest. Man if Karla would've just kept her goddamn mouth shut I wouldn't have had to say anything at all. Emil could see right through me though and there was no way I could lie my way out of anything he'd asked me that day about what we'd been "involved" in.

I thought back to the day after Emil had brought Shiloh in for questioning.

Sitting in my car, I thought to myself, wondering if I was about to make the right choice.

I'd packed me and Shyanne's things as Emil slept and I was about to run. My life just kept getting more and more fucked up, and I was dragging the man I loved down with me. I was jeopardizing his career and lord knows that that was his pride and joy. I'd ratted on Shiloh only to be looked into myself for Charmaine's murder. Hell, they'd possibly even slap a charge on for that thing in her stomach if she was far along enough.