01| HER HABIT

It was early morning. The sun was still not seen as it was the time of Fazr namaz. In a room filled with darkness, a girl was sleeping with blankets covering every bit of her.

The temperature of the air conditioner was at 16° Celsius and cool enough for anyone to sleep comfortably. A little ray of light was coming through the door as the curtains gently removed. The door was opened by a young man named Saad Hussain.

"Come on, it's time for namaz," he entered the room like he was accustomed to doing it every day. He went towards the bed side table and taking the remote of the air conditioner, he turned it off. The next step was going towards the windows and opening it wide letting the cold breeze of the morning enter the room.

"Wake up..." he marched towards the bed and pulled the blanket from that girl's clutch. The girl was Maheer... Maheer Azhar, Saad's first cousin and best friend.

Maheer opened her eyes slowly. Seeing Saad sitting beside her, she chirped, "Good morning, Saad..."

"A very good morning to you too, Maheer... now get up, otherwise we'll be late for namaz and you know, dad and uncle won't admire it at all," Saad remaked while caressing her smooth hairs.

As Maheer woke up and got fresh, they went towards their namaz room. It has been a very old custom in Hussain Villa that the whole family read the namaz of Fazr and Isha together. Maheer entered the namaz room and found her parents, uncle-aunt and cousins arranging everything for namaz.

Every couple sat together for namaz while the cousins also settled down among themselves. It is said that offering prayers together connects the couple spiritually and leads them to live a better life together with goodness and happiness. This rule seemed to be really helpful as every couple of Hussain family has been extremely happy in their lives. Their marriage seemed to be the best and perfect.

As the elders settled in the first row, the young members sat in the second one. Saad was in the corner while Maheer was at the middle of Saad and Neelo.

In the dua, they all pour their heart out to their Almighty. Saad took a glance of the innocent Maheer who was indulged in her dua. Seeing her so submerged in the dua, he prayed, "Ya Allah, may the peace of her face and sparkle of her eyes always remain the same!"

Prayer was something he always did for Maheer. As they completed their namaz, everyone started with their respective works. Their parents went for jogging while Neelo went to her room to study for her approaching exam.

Saad and Maheer were on the second floor in Saad's residence.

"What would have happened to me without you?" Maheer said sipping on the coffee mug. The mug was a special one. Her name was inscribed on it and she loved it a lot.

"Nothing... you just would have learnt to set an alarm," Saad said while looking towards Maheer and preparing the dough for bread. They both shared a smile as he did so. There was another cup on the table with Saad's name inscribed on it. Taking it, Maheer pointed it towards Saad and helped him drink the coffee.

As he prepared the dough, Maheer made bread and vegetables for their parents.

The routine of the Hussain family was different from others. The duties were divided not only among the elders but also among the youngsters so that they could learn to shoulder their responsibilities. Three days a week, their mothers made their food and two days a week, Saad and Maheer did it. Other two days, their fathers did the work. As Neelo was the youngest, she was assigned the department of evening tea and coffee. Thus, they managed the household together and peacefully.

The kitchens of both families were different but Saad and Maheer always cooked together. This made them bond better than all. And that's why, they've been the best friends since they understood the meaning of friendship.

As they finished cooking, their parents also arrived from jogging and joined them on the breakfast table. They had breakfast together at Saad's house and left for their respecting works.

As Maheer got ready for her college, Saad took her in his black Toyota and later picked her up on his way to home from office. Reaching home, they again got fresh and later offered the Magrib Namaz together. Whenever they were at home, they always offered the prayers together. No matter anyone joined or not, this was a regular practice of their daily life. After Magrib, Saad recited Quran and Maheer listened to it.

She always admired Saad's voice. His Quran recitation had been so beautiful that her heart plunged in peace hearing his voice.

And like always, they went to the terrace with their respective coffee mugs.

The terrace was beautifully decorated with lots of plants and bonsai trees. It had a cozy corner which was furnished with a sofa and a comfortable sitting bench along with a swing. There were a few lights at the corners shadding a light glow on their faces in which they could enjoy each other's expressions that they gave after hearing whatever happened with each of them throughout the day.

Every night, Saad and Maheer with their respective coffee mugs sitting together on the terrace with a evergreen smile and shinning eyes... this was more like a habit.

He seemed to be a habit to her that she had grown without even realizing.

***

Hi guys...
This is the first part of my story. I hope you all will like it. Do give comments on the plot and tell me if you liked it or not. Constructive criticism is always appreciated. So you can criticize me so that I can improve it.

Thanks for reading...
🍭