CHAPTER 22

A/n: decided to update because, i was announced as an honor student and I'm feeling nice, hello my little butterflies!

_________________________

Cassandra Phillips POV

"You want to do what?!?? Sir! Please think about this! You'll be giving up everything you worked on!"

"Cassie, you're the only one i can tell about this... You know what they have done, i don't want to be here anymore, i really want to go home" Chris said

"Home??? What- I'm so confused right now"

"When i woke up, i thought i could live through it, as a rich asshole, maybe I'll change my ways, connect with the people here like i did before, but everything HE did in the past catch up to me, I'm getting hurt and... It's not even my fault"

Chris... My cold-blooded boss, he was a fool, he makes decisions that will only benefit him amd him alone, he does what he has to to get what he wants... But this time- this choice, why does it feel so right? He is Chris! Selfish... And for the first time I feel like he's doing something that will truly make him happy

"Cassie, help me with this- won't you? Please?"

"I'm not sure, I mean! Who will take over?!"

"My sister! Abigail! She's talented, she's compassionate, she's intelligent and- I'm sure... She will definitely better than me, she has to ... I'm the reason she's suffering, the bullet was supposed to be for me"

Boss is crying?

"When i came here, i thought nothing of my past, living as my past self was so painful... Work, care for your dying- .... Then I'll work, and work and work and TAKE CARE OF SOMEONE WHO NEVER DID ANYTHING FOR ME BUT BRING ME TO A WORLD WHERE I'LL SUFFER, Why did she give birth to me knowing we cant even afford our rent, electricity, food... Those we're the questions i used to ask her everytime i visit her, but now... I really want to go back to the time where it was just the two of us, because at least there... Everything was for me, my apartment, my mother, my friends"

He continues to cry and cry, I'm so confused? Chris was born with a silver spoon? What struggles? What- The pain he feels is genuine, he's not hysterical or making it up, it's real, but it's not true at the same time...

"Chris... What are you talking about?" I ask

"Im talking about my life! The choices i made back then were horrible but they were mine! And i may have to face the consequences but it was because of me! It was my fault! Here... My suffering is for someone else, why isn't he here crying? Why do i have to be the one who tries to fix his relationship with his family- i hate everything here"

"Alright fine Chris... I'll help you run away" i said firmly, I'll help him, because Christian Terazi is my irritating boss, Chris is my laughing, caring friend

TO BE CONTINUED...