4

Thank you zee-baybee for being the first voter for this book, I really appreciate.

It's been two weeks since i got back home, Abuja. I have been super busy within that period. I visited my dad's only sibling, Aunt Salma and i also paid Aunt Amina a visit. I've attended three weddings since i got back: Aunt Amina's oldest daughter's wedding, daughter of my dad's friend's wedding and one of my secondary school mates' wedding. It has been so hectic for me.

      I haven't been able to do my NYSC registration ever since i got back. I scheduled today for it. It's around 2pm, i got dressed in a navy blue patterned Ankara peplum blouse and six pieces skirt tailored by KuluAbuja plus the fit was mad showing all my curves. I tied my gele (head tie) and placed a navy blue veil on top of my head tie carefully draping it on my head. I wore flats, stuffing my phone and necessary documents in my bag and I grabbed my car keys. I'm supposed to hang out with Aisha one of Aunt Amina's daughters once i am done with my registration at the cyber cafe. She messaged me last night, telling me about a new restaurant that just opened in Abuja, Bleu Cafe.

I drove to the Cyber Cafe in my Mercedes Benz and i was done at the cafe after 45minutes. I brought out my phone after settling in the car to call Aisha.

Salam alaikum Ayush, i greeted referring to her nickname

Walaikum salam, she replied at the other end

I'm done at the cyber cafe, where are you?

I'm at home getting dressed, she replied

I'm coming to pick you and with that i ended the call not waiting for her reply.

I turned on the ignition and headed to her place. I texted her immediately i got to her house without getting down of the car coz I'm so tired to enter her house and start greeting everyone. Aisha came out of the door wearing a boubou kaftan with a matching turban and her face so full of makeup. Facts about Aisha:- She loves makeup and she isn't the hijab/jilbab type. She only wears jilbab/hijab whenever she wants to pray; she always go out wearing a turban or styling her veil/scarf as turban.

Hi, she said as hopped in to the passenger's seat

Hi, i replied and start the drive to the restaurant with her directing me since i do not know where it's located at.

We got to the restaurant and i was wowed. We went to the photo booth to take pictures and then back to our seats ready to make order. I checked the menu and placed my order.

Why aren't you ordering? I asked Aisha

I'll order, she said. Just waiting for someone, she added whilst looking at the entrance

Are you expecting someone? I questioned. I thought it's just the two of us. The girl knows how much I hate going out with people who aren't my family and she still went ahead to invite someone

Yes, my boyfriend, she replied with her eyes till fixed on the entrance

What?? I half yelled

Sorry that I didn't inform you earlier, i just thought to invite him and we can all have a nice time

But Aisha, you know how much i hate going out with strrrrangggers, i said in a low tone stretching the strangers part

I'm sorry about that but don't worry, you gat me, she replied with a wink and i rolled my eyes at her.

The waitress placed my food on the table and left. After saying Bismillah, I heard Aisha's voice so full of excitement.

He's here, she said with an exciting tone. She stood up and hugged the so-called boyfriend. He dressed in a plain white kaftan with a cap.

Mahmud, meet my cousin sister Sabeeha... Sabeeha, meet my lovely boyfriend, Mahmud. Did i just hear her say "Lovely"?

Hi Sabeeha, nice to meet you, he said stretching his hand for a handshake and I glanced at Aisha. Aisha placed her hand on his and he understood right away. Oh, my bad, he added

It's nothing, nice to meet you too, i replied and started eating without minding them. They both placed their orders and their foods arrived.

The table was quiet apart from the sound coming from our cutleries and Aisha and her boyfriend being lovey dovey. We were done with our food and they both ordered for desserts.

Aren't you ordering? Aisha directed the question to me

I am not, i gave a short reply

Why? She asked and I wasn't expecting that

I'm full, i replied. I'm not a heavy eater. I can just order for a takeaway

That's good, she replied and continue her convo with her boyfriend

I called a waiter and ordered for my desserts as takeaway. After the lovey-dovey couple were done with their desserts. Aisha's boyfriend volunteered to pay for the whole thing but I rejected the offer coz i hate people paying for my things. I saw the look Aisha gave me but I ignored her. I paid for my food with my credit card and he paid for theirs as well. Note that Aisha is four years older than me.

     We walked to where our cars were parked.

I'm going with him, said Aisha still holding hands with her boyfriend

Okay, no problem. I replied

Nice to meet you again, Sabeeha. Said Mahmud with a smile

Same here, I returned the gesture

I entered my car and watched them enter his Corolla. I ignited the car and head back home.

On getting home, i met Faisal in the living room typing away on his laptop.

Ina wuni (Good evening), i greeted him in Hausa language. Faisal is Multilingual and i learnt some languages from him but I'm still learning from him tho

Ya yau (How was your day)? He asked

Alhamdulillah, fine, i replied. And you?

Toh, Alhamdulillah lafiya qalau, he replied. I gave him the desserts I brought from the restaurant coz i know he's gonna love it.

How do you know that i need this right? He said unwrapping the paper bag

I got full after eating and I didn't want dessert but I thought of you and ordered for it, i explained

So thoughtful of you and it's even from Bleu Cafe, he said munching on it

Yes, i replied

Masha Allah, Ummeeta Rabiu is doing well, he commended

Who's Ummeeta Rabiu? I asked

The owner of the restaurant, he said at once

Wawu, it's even a female that owns it. I don't know, i said surprised. Masha Allah, TabarakAllah

Yes, a female owner. She's a wife, mother of 2, a blogger, a vlogger, she just graduated from Baze university, she's also an interior decorator and she comes from a wealthy and well known family in kano, my brother explained without me asking

Gonna look her up on Instagram and Youtube, i said to brother.

That would be nice, he said still munching on his desserts

Mummy and daddy? I said

They're not around, they left an hour ago for an event

Okay, with that i headed to my room

I showered, changed into a baggy shirt and palazzo pant, prayed Asr and I checked the bleu cafe page on instagram and i was able to get the owner's handle and I followed her without a second thought.